PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] just a upgrade bug?11.04 - 11.10

ringo28
October 20th, 2011, 10:33 AM
i upgraded the 11.04 to 11.10

in the past i had it 10.10 to 11.04 upgraded..

but i find out if you upgrade too new version.. virtual delete the stuff what you use...not good.

you must install them again.

but there stay some particals so is not fully deleted..
even de account setup meight be beter..

account from my son was lost.. but i setup new one, and the icons stays....

this is not a upgrade.. it must better..

like nvidia 173 driver, if i push into search for nvidia, you gets part in icon and with no purchase too..

but you go to system en put nvidia in, you find more drivers.., then you can use adidtional drivers..

in some things is step backwards in 10.10 i use 3d but with unity its too heavy and cant use it..., the choice what they make seems easier but lesser..., in some ways is backward.. unity i used toouse it.. i am not against it.. 11.10 i good too me, but you want more commercialer useabel, but its in someways less opener then the previose versions..

like some small programss like phone manager, he dont load it any more and Belgium Eid he load, but see no icon right above.. in 11.04 you can click it on.. it seems for me buggy in this way.. too resolve problems there must comes way too dont need the terminal.. if i have problems i dont or use less terminal :), the resolve of nvidia i didnt use of terminal just software center..

gr ringo

Orfintain
October 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I agree Ubuntu needs to have a choice when "upgrading" do you want to upgrade (which there is no support for) or complete new fresh install.

Basically every time I upgrade my OS I regret doing so and I think I think I would be better off If I had just the the OS from like 2 years ago on here.

23dornot23d
October 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I will add it to the list ..... see below in RED link ..... for failed upgrades .....

there is a poll ..... and a way of letting UBUNTU know what hardware you have too .....

It may help in future releases .....