PDA

View Full Version : Poll: No more Big Red DENIED

tenshi-no-shi
June 2nd, 2006, 07:11 AM
I was sad when I logged bad on after my screen locked and found that when I entered my password wrong I didn't get the beautiful big red DENIED. I don't know about you but I always loved that. Made me feel special like my computer was too good for other people tring to get on to it.

gingermark
June 2nd, 2006, 07:16 AM
I should've voted "never noticed", cos I didn't. But that shoulds great! And it would be good to also have a robotic voice screeching "Access Dneied! Intruder!" etc etc.

prizrak
June 2nd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Hehe that DENIED was pretty funny to look at. Always made me chuckle, since it was like the movie supercomputers.

bluenova
June 2nd, 2006, 09:14 AM
Yea, I'm gonna be getting rid of the new screen saver and installing the old one after if done a fresh install of 6.06. That was one of the first things I noticed after leaving Fedora for Ubuntu and seeing how nice the screensaver and lock-screen look, now it's back to that horrible red thing, and no screensaver options.

curuxz
June 2nd, 2006, 09:52 AM
it made me feel like i was in a sci-fi hacking movie. Now if only i could get my pc to spark when passwords are not entered in correctly and countdown in seconds to every event i would be that much closer to realising my dream of being neo

Lux Perpetua
June 2nd, 2006, 10:53 AM
It grated on me, but deep down, I think I liked it. I guess some developer had a sense of humor. :cool:

angkor
June 2nd, 2006, 11:09 AM
since it was like the movie supercomputers.

Yeah, I've never really noticed, but now I want it too...:(

thomashauk
June 2nd, 2006, 11:20 AM
It shakes now!

Super King
June 2nd, 2006, 01:53 PM
I never saw this...anyone happen to have a screenshot/picture?