PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Grub Installed On Wrong Partition

dudemanbubba
October 19th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I upgraded my server yesterday and put 10.04LTS on it from a bootable flash drive. During the install, I noticed that it indicated it was installing grub onto /dev/sda which I believe was the install flash drive at the time. Now the machine won't boot without the flash drive plugged in. I don't want the system relying the flash drive and I was looking for some guidance on how to move the grub from the flash to the main system hard drive.

This server is in another state and I am supposed to be flying out this afternoon... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

raja.genupula
October 19th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I upgraded my server yesterday and put 10.04LTS on it from a bootable flash drive. During the install, I noticed that it indicated it was installing grub onto /dev/sda which I believe was the install flash drive at the time. Now the machine won't boot without the flash drive plugged in. I don't want the system relying the flash drive and I was looking for some guidance on how to move the grub from the flash to the main system hard drive.

This server is in another state and I am supposed to be flying out this afternoon... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

sudo dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc
install the grub to your hard disk.
all the best.

dudemanbubba
October 19th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Thank you very much!