PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Best PPA for GNOME 3 on Oneric

lviggiani
October 19th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Hi Everybody,
I've seen various tutorials on how to add functionalities to gnome shell on Oneric linking to different PPA's. Also, by looking here (http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/ppas) I see that there are at least 3 PPA's offering latest stuff about gnome shell (i.e ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3, ppa:ricotz/testing, ppa:webupd8team/gnome3 -> this includes gnome 3.2.1).
I would like to have gnome extensions on my production machine (Oneric x64) so I'm looking for a PPA offering the most stable stuff. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Luca

satanselbow
October 19th, 2011, 01:45 PM
webupd8 keep up to date with the extensions - add the ppa, install the extensions you want/need then disable the ppa. Job done!

If you want a stable box to work on avoid a wholesale update of experimental updates ;)

Don't forget that the extensions have to be enabled in the tweak-tool / advanced settings now... should prevent you from coming back saying you've installed but they don't work ;)

lviggiani
October 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM
webupd8 keep up to date with the extensions - add the ppa, install the extensions you want/need then disable the ppa. Job done!

If you want a stable box to work on avoid a wholesale update of experimental updates ;)

Don't forget that the extensions have to be enabled in the tweak-tool / advanced settings now... should prevent you from coming back saying you've installed but they don't work ;)

Thanks for the hint!
Yes I knew about the tweak-tool... but is good to say also for any other reading this thread. ;)