PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.10 Live CD graphics issue

serfcx
October 19th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I have tried the live CD on my wifes PC and it works fine but on my "older" PC the live cd wont run.
I can get to the screen which says "try or Install" and everything seems to work OK but when clicking on Try it eventually arrives at a unity desktop but none of the launchers work, the display is screwed up and the top panel indications are "dead".
It sounds like a graphics driver problem to me but I dont want to go ahead and try and install and screw up my current installation.
My card is a Nvidia Geforce 6200 and Unity is supposed to work with this :)
Any ideas ?

jemate18
October 19th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I have tried the live CD on my wifes PC and it works fine but on my "older" PC the live cd wont run.
I can get to the screen which says "try or Install" and everything seems to work OK but when clicking on Try it eventually arrives at a unity desktop but none of the launchers work, the display is screwed up and the top panel indications are "dead".
It sounds like a graphics driver problem to me but I dont want to go ahead and try and install and screw up my current installation.
My card is a Nvidia Geforce 6200 and Unity is supposed to work with this :)
Any ideas ?

How about trying the classic look? Does it run using the classic look instead of Unity?

serfcx
October 19th, 2011, 01:46 PM
How about trying the classic look? Does it run using the classic look instead of Unity?

There is no option to run the live Cd with a classic look, well not one I can see !

serfcx
October 20th, 2011, 12:22 PM
bump !