PDA

View Full Version : Kubuntu: Eclipse Javadoc popups don't include links

kvdbreem
October 18th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hey all. I'm trying to use Eclipse in KDE and it's working great. Only problem is that the links (ie words in javadoc comments annotated with @link annotation) aren't underlined and aren't clickable. So when I hover the mouse over a class or method for example and the javadoc for it includes a link to another class that link isn't clickable, so I can't browse around in the popup.

Any ideas what the problem here might be?

Ubuntu version=Kubuntu 11.10
KDE version info
Qt: 4.7.4
KDE Development Platform: 4.7.1 (4.7.1)
KDE Daemon: $Id$

Eclipse Version
Version: Helios Service Release 1
Build id: 20100917-0705
Installed JRE version 1.6

kvdbreem
October 26th, 2011, 04:52 AM
I just installed the latest Eclipse (Indigo) and now I can see the links. Still not sure what the issue was.

Danimoth
May 6th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Have the same issue with freshly installed 12.04 with eclipse indigo, openjdk-7. Don't know where to look for a solution.

r-senior
May 7th, 2012, 12:43 AM
If you go to Window-Preferences, then find Java > Installed JREs, select your JDK and Edit. In the list of JAR files, select them all and hit the JavaDoc location button.

Set the JavaDoc location path to http://download.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/

Obviously that's a web URL. You can also install the openjdk-7-doc package locally and specify the location of the docs, which will be something like file:/usr/share/doc/openjdk-7-jdk/api/. Make sure you press the validate button to check it's OK.

If you have the JavaDoc locally installed, you can also open it in your web browser with file:///usr/share/doc/openjdk-7-jdk/api and bookmark it.