PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11.10.1

Desert Sailor
October 18th, 2011, 05:33 PM
How can you tell, or when do you know that 11.10.1 has been released. I have not been able to install 11.10 and have managed to get back to 11.04 which is working for me. I want to upgrade, but not until some of the bigger bugs have been squashed. So how can you tell when the next upgrade is released??

coffeecat
October 18th, 2011, 05:43 PM
There won't be a 11.10.1. Only the LTS versions (10.04 and, next year, 12.04) have point releases. In your situation I suggest to leave it for a month or so and keep an eye on the chatter on the forum. There are always teething problems with every release with every version, many of which get fixed in updates. I know that won't help with installing from the live CD, but there are alternatives such as upgrading from 11.04 (yes, I know, a lot of failed upgrades at the moment unfortunately) or doing a net install from the mini iso. The advantage of a netinstall is that you get a completely up-to-date system with a fresh install. The disadvantage is that you don't know whether it's going to work on your hardware until you try to boot it up.