PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] can't install printconf

rtalcott
October 18th, 2011, 03:49 PM
When I try to install printconf using synaptic I get the following:

Depends on foomatic-db-gutenprint but it is not going to be installed

Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this....printconf has installed on all previous versions.

rt

crazy bird
October 18th, 2011, 04:25 PM
When I try to install printconf using synaptic I get the following:

Depends on foomatic-db-gutenprint but it is not going to be installed

Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this....printconf has installed on all previous versions.

rt

Try installing that package first: http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=foomatic-db-gutenprint. That migth solve your problem.

rtalcott
October 18th, 2011, 04:33 PM
no cigar....the error now is:

foomatic-db-gutenprint
Depends:foomatic-db (>=20000101)

What I am actually trying to do is configure a usb printer...more exactly I have a usb-parallel port cable connected to an HP 6L...and this has worked fine till now but I always installed printconf and CUPS then found it and all was happy...those daze are gone...however I did notice an open bug for configuration of usb printers in 11.04 so maybe it's all related.
rt

rtalcott
October 18th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Brute force almost always works...I installed foomatic-db...of course that removed a few things BUT that did allow me to install printconf and now with a bit of luck I can print...will mark this solved if that is the case.

printconf installs so this thread is solved BUT I still cannot get the printer recognized.
rt