PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help with Update Manager- 11.10

TheMTtakeover
October 18th, 2011, 05:08 AM
I'm running ubuntu 11.10 and when i go into update manager it says I have 38 updates. when I try to update this what I am told
"Requires installation of untrusted packages
The action would require the installation of packages from not authenticated sources."

I then click on details and am told
"alsa-utils bluez bluez-alsa bluez-cups bluez-gstreamer cups cups-bsd cups-client cups-common cups-ppdc gir1.2-gnomebluetooth-1.0 gir1.2-totem-1.0 gnome-bluetooth gnome-desktop3-data libbluetooth3 libcups2 libcupscgi1 libcupsdriver1 libcupsimage2 libcupsmime1 libcupsppdc1 libgnome-bluetooth8 libgnome-desktop-3-2 libimobiledevice2 libsyncdaemon-1.0-1 libtotem0 python-cups python-cupshelpers python-ubuntuone-client system-config-printer-common system-config-printer-gnome system-config-printer-udev totem totem-common totem-mozilla totem-plugins ubuntuone-client ubuntuone-client-gnome"

My only option then is to close and so I can not get any updates. help please

raja.genupula
October 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Whats server you have in update manager ?

Here all the packages are look like as general packages and not harmful .but what i am thinking is why we got as not authenticated ?

OK do this, in update manager settings change the server to another server(may be main) and do try again.

All the best.

TheMTtakeover
October 18th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks! Problem Solved!

raja.genupula
October 19th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Hi i am glad that you have solved your issue , please mark your thread as solved from thread tools.