PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Eclipse 3.7 and 11.10 Upgrade

avrono
October 17th, 2011, 11:23 PM
All,

I had a very nice working version of Eclipse 3.7 with WDT. I then upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 and Eclipse seems to have lost some dependencies and non of the web tools (like JSP editor and launching tomcat) would work.

I tried re-installing the WDT from the repository, and kept getting a dependency error. I then nuked the install and re-installed Eclipse from the 11.10 repository -- same issue.

Finally, the only way to solve the problem was to download the Eclipse Tarball and do a manual install. I have not investigated this issue fully, but seems as if something is broken in the 11.10 Eclipse package. Furthermore a previously working Eclipse in 11.04 might break when you upgrade ...

Any ideas what is going wrong for future reference ?

_av

lovinglinux
October 18th, 2011, 12:11 AM
No idea, but I use Eclipse tarball instead of the one from the repositories. Works fine for me and I don't need to install all the plugins again after a clean install (I never do distro upgrades).

I recently moved to Aptana, which is based on Eclipse and it is working fine on 11.10.

s-valley
October 24th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I too have problem with eclipse after the upgrade.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1859995

I have problem with my mail also. evolution is broken after the upgrade. 11.10 may be the killer of ubuntu desto. A friend of mine moved to fedora after 11.10 broke his mail.