PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] The style of the windows components in nautilus

Bao2
October 17th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I am in the new ubuntu 11.10 and suddenly and only in nautilus, the buttons, labels, checkboxes, etc have changed from the default "ambiance" theme that ubuntu 11.10 uses to that very primitive gtk look.

I was not configuring anything but perhaps when writing in the keyboard I accidentally pressed some key combination that did that?

How can I get nautilus to use ambience theme again? (In System Settings / Appearance it says Ambience theme is being used, but in nautilus is not !!!) :confused:

Bao2
October 18th, 2011, 02:00 AM
I solved it: Installed gnome-panel, logged out and logged in again but using Ubuntu Classic. Now log out and log in again selecting unity and my nautilus is right again.

I also encountered a problem with QtCreator and Unity. You are in QtCreator and minimize and it disappears, it is running but you can't go back to qtcreator (Alt+Tab doesn't show qtcreator).

I would go back to ubuntu classic instead unity but the panels now in ubuntu classic don't let you add launchers or applets. And all the problems are there like Startup Programs not showing anything (give me a break!). :(