PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Plugged device icon

Pascal148
October 17th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Hi,

I'm new in LUbunu. Everything seems to work perfectly but no icon appears on the desktop as a usb device is plugged, just a window asking if I want to open the file manager (the device is mounted automatically).
Is there a way to have a icon appear on the desktop (as in Ubuntu, with a popup menu to unplugged the device) and is there also a way for the window asking for the file manager not to appear.
I'd like, when a usb key is plugged, to have just a icon appear.

Thank you in advance for your help.

llelectronics
October 17th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Is there a way to have a icon appear on the desktop (as in Ubuntu, with a popup menu to unplugged the device)
Not thats not possible.

and is there also a way for the window asking for the file manager not to appear.

You can simply deactivate this feature in the Settings of the file manager.

Pascal148
October 18th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
In this case, is there a program or an applet to remind you that a device is plugged and help you to umount it (in the bottom panel) ?(There is also something curious in Lubunu, the packages lxde-common and lxde-core are not installed (but lxdm works). Perhaps I should install them.)

Pascal148
October 18th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I've found a solution in case someone interested.
I've downloaded indicator-usb (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7138409/indicator-usb/indicator.html) and add a entry in ~/.config/autostart.
If someone have a other solution, I'd be also interested.