PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Printing no longer works since upgrading from 11.04 to 11.10

sjryan.irl
October 17th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Hi,

I upgraded my laptop from 11.04 to 11.10 at the weekend. The upgrade appeared to install fine until I tried printing. I have a HP LaserJet 1100 and printing was working fine until the upgrade. I have tried uninstalling the driver and re-installing but printing is still not working. Has anybody else had problems with printing after the upgrade? Is there anything else I can try to fix the problem. The document goes into the print queue but never prints.

Thanks,
Steve.

Tanker Bob
October 17th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I had a similar problem. It turned out that the upgrade apparently didn't install the drivers for my laser printer, even though things worked fine in 11.04. Go into Synaptic, search for your HP printer drivers, and install them. That should fix it.

Tigerkermit
October 17th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I have same problem with my Canon MX870.
I get error message 'Error in printer configuration' ?

Due to my root passwd does also not work anylonger, I can't install a new driver !

So I am in a real trouble with this update.

Anyone with any idea ?

jagdriver
October 18th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Same problem with Samsung CLX-6210FX. Has worked fine ever since 8.04. Now, it installs on 11.10, but just prints pages of coded text.