PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I stop constant auto-diskcheck at each startup?

johnherron
October 17th, 2011, 07:42 AM
In mid-September I purchased a new box (i3 core, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB harddisk) with Ubuntu 11.04 preinstalled.

I currently have it configured so it will automatically boot from the harddisk (though by hitting F3 I would have the option to boot from a CD or from an external USB stick or disk)

Every time I start the machine (with an introductory Foxconn screen displaying for a good 30 sec. before booting) Ubuntu invariably launches the harddisk checking procedure.

With earlier versions of (K)ubuntu, on prior boxes, this would happen only every 30 boot-ups, which seemed fairly reasonable.

Is there a way to tell Ubuntu to space out the automatic harddisk checks?

Thanks for helping.
john

Genius2999
October 17th, 2011, 07:47 AM
In mid-September I purchased a new box (i3 core, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB harddisk) with Ubuntu 11.04 preinstalled.

I currently have it configured so it will automatically boot from the harddisk (though by hitting F3 I would have the option to boot from a CD or from an external USB stick or disk)

Every time I start the machine (with an introductory Foxconn screen displaying for a good 30 sec. before booting) Ubuntu invariably launches the harddisk checking procedure.

With earlier versions of (K)ubuntu, on prior boxes, this would happen only every 30 boot-ups, which seemed fairly reasonable.

Is there a way to tell Ubuntu to space out the automatic harddisk checks?

Thanks for helping.
john
There is a discussion over at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=300477 with a guide on how to not only change the interval between mount count scanning, but to also see the current interval between scans.