PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Problems Installing Lubuntu - Command Prompt

rrhutch
October 17th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I am trying to install Lubuntu 11.10 on my netbook. However, after the splash screen appears for a period of time, all that I get is a command prompt.

I have tried booting off the same USB stick on another laptop and it works fine.

The same problem is occuring if I try to install or simply run the OS off of the USB drive on the netbook in question.

Any help would be appreciated.

mörgæs
October 17th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Have you tried adding boot options?

amjjawad
October 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I am trying to install Lubuntu 11.10 on my netbook. However, after the splash screen appears for a period of time, all that I get is a command prompt.

I have tried booting off the same USB stick on another laptop and it works fine.

The same problem is occuring if I try to install or simply run the OS off of the USB drive on the netbook in question.

Hi,

Are you talking about Live Session? or you are talking about a problem after installation? could you please be more specific?

Also, I'd like you to have a look here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/InstallingLubuntu

raja.genupula
October 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM

have you tried
sudo start lxdm

sudo start lxde