PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the all black on getting to the RWC final.

fatality_uk
October 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Unfortunately, Wales were knocked out (somewhat unfairly) so a France, New Zealand final awaits. Hopefully, France can set up their efforts and make a game of it. They will need to based on the performance of New Zealand.

*** Yes I know it SHOULD say RWC not WRC but my 5 day old baby has kept me awake all night and my head feels like a stone)

aykoola
October 16th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I didn't like what France pulled off in the pools against the Allblacks, the lineup was hillarious.but instead of being knocked out early, they got european teams all the way to the finals.
But still, i hope Allblacks win this one. Otherwise, since my country isn't a rugby superpower, i support Scotland. Great topic!

majabl
October 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Aykoola, it was probably Ireland that guaranteed there would be a European team in the final by topping their group. The expectation was that Australia would have topped it and ended up on the 'Northern Hemisphere' side of the knockout stages.

Anyway, allez les Bleus for next week!

mips
October 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Congrats to France and New Zealand!

NZ should take this one but it's France they are playing so they might choke again. I really like both teams so all the best to both of you.

We're still sore over our Bryce Lawrence encounter.

BlinkinCat
October 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM
NZ All Blacks once again proved they were superior over the Aussies -

I will be barracking for them next week against France - Good luck - :P

Elfy
October 16th, 2011, 05:25 PM
... *** Yes I know it SHOULD say RWC not WRC but my 5 day old baby has kept me awake all night and my head feels like a stone)

Been there - felt sorry for you so I edited the title :)

fatality_uk
October 16th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Been there - felt sorry for you so I edited the title :)

Cheers, any useful tips on babies more than welcome :)

**Sorry for hijacking my own thread :D

jimbobs
October 16th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Although I'm an Irish supporter, I started cheering for Wales - once they knocked Ireland out - and was hoping to see them go all the way. Their loss against France, facilitated by an Irish-French referee, was the injustice of the tournament so far. Now I want to see the Frogs demolished by the Kiwis.

Elfy
October 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Cheers, any useful tips on babies more than welcome :)

Feed them now and again, sleep when you can ...

I'm closer to being a grandfather now than I am to babies (not that I want them just yet either :p )

ArtF10
October 16th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Let me just say one thing:

You simply cannot --- CANNOT --- replace the bet player on the planet (Dan Carter) and a guy with 100 caps (Mils Muliaina). Their presence is immeasurable. Their talents are mercurial. Their experience is invaluable! They are two vital cogs in the All Blacks machine. They were BOTH out for the game against the #2 ranked team in the world, but one guy stepped up in their absence. One guy showed that he is worthy of the praise he is given and has been given throughout his playing career. One guy led from the front and won this game for the New Zealand. One guy proved YET AGAIN, why he IS the IRB Player of the Year. That guy's name is Richie McCaw.

Let me get this straight: He has a foot injury that forces him to miss 2 group games. There are numerous questions about whether he would truly be at 100%, in the week leading up to a game vs the #2 ranked team on the planet. Yet, he comes up fighting and delivers the goods yet again, to remind everyone why he will surely be remembered as one of the all-time greats. With his team staring down the face of chokedom, with his team being questioned DESPITE being (a) favorites (b) the #1 ranked team in the world, with his team bearing so much more than just the weight of a nation on its shoulders (the psyche too) and with his country having almost no belief in his team, he delivered one of the all-time great World Cup performances.

Move aside David Campese, you've got company. Folks, that was a performance for the ages.

Congratulations Richie McCaw.

EDIT: Did you see how well he neutralized David Pocock? How many turnovers did that guy force against the Springboks? Too many to remember. Well, he was completely cancelled out by Richie McCaw.....and forced ZERO turnovers against the All Blacks. And just before halftime, when it seemed like AUS was going to score, McCaw forced a VITAL turnover!

KiwiNZ
October 16th, 2011, 07:31 PM
One more mountain to climb, then we can celebrate.

Plumtreed
October 16th, 2011, 10:43 PM
...congrats to All Blacks, just outstanding, wish the Aussies could have made the game a bit closer!

erm, we do 'league' better:p

ilovelinux33467
October 16th, 2011, 10:48 PM
erm, we do 'league' better:p

True :)

seenthelite
October 17th, 2011, 02:55 AM
The 20 to 6 result was flattering to Australia, the All Black coaching staff are brilliant and the All Blacks played to the Wallabies weaknesses and took advantage of their mistakes. Been waiting for this result for a long time.

mips
October 23rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Well done to the All Blacks on winning the RWC!

France played a great game as well.

DobsonM
October 23rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Go the All Blacks!!!!!! Glad to be a Kiwi.

sffvba[e0rt
October 23rd, 2011, 11:22 AM
Congrats to the All Blacks... and to the France very well played too.

ilovelinux33467
October 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
go the all blacks!!!!!! Glad to be a kiwi.

+1 :)

fatality_uk
October 23rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
I was very glad to see France improve greatly from the earlier rounds. Although not a "classic" game of rugby, was still a good game.

Congrats All Blacks.