PDA

View Full Version : Best forum avatars !

B0rsuk
June 1st, 2006, 11:13 PM
Hi !
Show your prettiest forum avatars here ! Or name users/link to ones with nicest avatar.

I really like my avatar. It's a log of National Federation of Badger Groups. An UK Badger Trust site.
I'm not from UK, I just happen to like badgers a lot. My nickname means 'badger'. I decided to give Breezy a try because it has 'Badger' in name ! A good omen, deffinitely, or at least a good excuse to try (K)Ubuntu.

http://www.nfbg.org.uk/

Rikostan
June 1st, 2006, 11:16 PM
Mine is not that great, but I know it is original because I took the pic myself.

curuxz
June 1st, 2006, 11:19 PM
im sure this thread has happened before, but oh well....

I got mine off the net then edited it with a pro-dapper message: "brezzy badger - got run over by a DUCK"

I was THAT bored.

johnc4510
June 1st, 2006, 11:24 PM
Here's mine, for what it's worth

gingermark
June 1st, 2006, 11:28 PM
I "made" mine myself, from a screenshot of my favourite film. I use it as my avatar on most of the forums I post on. I like it, and occasionally it gets remarks from others....

As I say, I don't really use any other avatars, so I guess this is my "prettiest" by default.

John.Michael.Kane
June 1st, 2006, 11:31 PM
deleted...

johnc4510
June 1st, 2006, 11:31 PM
gingermark's looks just like my aunt in New Jersey

Harold P
June 1st, 2006, 11:34 PM
Nothing better than yourself! :)

BWF89
June 1st, 2006, 11:38 PM
My avatar is from a screenshot from my favorite RTS game Total Annihilation. The game showd a screen of a battle after each mission you beat and mine is a cropped version from a battle on a Martian-like planet.

I use it on every forum I visit and as well as my AIM, Y!M, and Google Talk buddy icoins.

Heres a bigger cropped version of my avatar I used to use as my signature:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/BWF89/desert.gif

!nkubus
June 1st, 2006, 11:43 PM
<<---

It comes from Tux Factory

http://tux.crystalxp.net/

fuscia
June 1st, 2006, 11:44 PM
<---- thread over.

johnc4510
June 1st, 2006, 11:46 PM
She does have a point!

GoldBuggie
June 1st, 2006, 11:48 PM
neon genesis evangelion :D

rado_london
June 1st, 2006, 11:50 PM
Guess who is on my avatar?

matthew
June 2nd, 2006, 12:00 AM
I'm going to post my avatar in the thread so at least this post makes sense in a month or two after we have all chosen new avatars... :)

fuscia
June 2nd, 2006, 12:02 AM
that is a fine av, matthew.

zachtib
June 2nd, 2006, 12:04 AM
WooHoo: random reason to post!

Mine is... uh, me

neoflight
June 2nd, 2006, 12:08 AM
do i qualify??? atleast i have the brains....!!!!
my marketting may not be that good...but i try.....:mrgreen:

ComplexNumber
June 2nd, 2006, 12:08 AM
Nothing better than yourself! :)
are you using a motorola v300 in your avatar? or is it an LG?

henriquemaia
June 2nd, 2006, 12:09 AM
There are severall avatars I come across on this forum that I like for a reason or another. Examples:

Aysiu's, nicely done and very personal:
http://ubuntuforums.org/image.php?u=21941&dateline=1137470915

neoflight's, for the funny idea:
http://ubuntuforums.org/image.php?u=50505&dateline=1149040650

beerorkid's, it just can't go unnoticed:
http://ubuntuforums.org/image.php?u=9536&dateline=1132178611

There are a couple more a really like, but I can't remember the member name. Maybe I'll put them here later, if I find what the one's I'm looking for.

djsroknrol
June 2nd, 2006, 12:19 AM
I couldn't find any pictures of Godsmack or Slipknot and I came across this one somewhere..Jack Ruby plays a mean guitar, huh?...I know, it's wrong, but I thought the pic I have of Bin Ladin behind a 7-11 counter in full uniform would've insulted someone...;)

richbarna
June 2nd, 2006, 12:25 AM
After finally deleting my Windows partition, I am proud to be........
LINUX POWERED !!!!!
It seems a bit boring now compared to all the others (sigh)
Any body know where there are some good animated av's ?

http://www.googleplex.demon.nl/linux/logo2.gif
EDIT: Linked the image as I am going to change it.

nalmeth
June 2nd, 2006, 12:54 AM
I happen to really like my avatar, though I presume most other's think it's butt ugly.

I have only had 2 avatar's since I signed up last november. Both are from South Park.

My first was Eric Cartman in a reflective pose from the "Mexican Staring Frog from Southern Sri Lanka" Season 2.

My current one is Manbearpig from the recent Manbearpig episode (Season 10) with Al Gore.

I know it's kind of hideous, but I like it none-the-less. :cool:

richbarna
June 2nd, 2006, 02:10 AM
There are severall avatars I come across on this forum that I like for a reason or another. Examples:

[/U]beerorkid's, it just can't go unnoticed:

How come beeror kid has got an animated gif ?
When I tried to upload one, a message said I am not allowed to upload animated gifs! (sulking):evil:

<----------Found a cool Penguin though ! :mrgreen:

Donshyoku
June 2nd, 2006, 02:43 AM
My AIM avatar...

http://www.bustedtees.com/images/prose.209.home_thumb.jpg

RAV TUX
June 2nd, 2006, 03:00 AM

neoflight's, for the funny idea:
http://ubuntuforums.org/image.php?u=50505&dateline=1149040650

beerorkid's, it just can't go unnoticed:

There are a couple more a really like, but I can't remember the member name. Maybe I'll put them here later, if I find what the one's I'm looking for.

I like neoflights, and I second the question about animated avatars, were they grandfathered in?

cstudent
June 2nd, 2006, 03:46 AM
I like neoflights, and I second the question about animated avatars, were they grandfathered in?

Yes they were grandfathered.

TrailerTrash
June 2nd, 2006, 03:57 AM
Well......Mine kinda explains itself. I get free TV. LOL

LMP900
June 2nd, 2006, 05:10 AM
My vote goes to Aysiu's

Toby
June 2nd, 2006, 05:13 AM
<- It's me. Don't I look silly? :P

unbuntu
June 2nd, 2006, 05:22 AM
My avatar is adopted from a wallpaper...pretty neat, eh?

isotonic
June 2nd, 2006, 09:15 AM

papangul
June 2nd, 2006, 09:30 AM
I like this one by angkor:

matthew
June 2nd, 2006, 09:50 AM
that is a fine av, matthew.Thank you. For those who don't read Arabic, the red writing on the left is my name.

matthew
June 2nd, 2006, 09:53 AM
How come beeror kid has got an animated gif ?
When I tried to upload one, a message said I am not allowed to upload animated gifs! (sulking):evil:No one is allowed to upload animated avatars anymore, those that exist (and there are very few) have been around since before the ban and were allowed to remain. If beerorkid ever changes his he won't be able to choose another animated avatar.

curuxz
June 2nd, 2006, 09:54 AM
<---- thread over.

Fuscia I have always wondered....is that you?

No offence to the women here, not that I have met any off them, but that pic is wayyyyyyy hotter that I would expect any Ubuntu user to look like LOL.

Who is she?

matthew
June 2nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
Fuscia I have always wondered....is that you?

No offence to the women here, not that I have met any off them, but that pic is wayyyyyyy hotter that I would expect any Ubuntu user to look like LOL.

Who is she?Look here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=171394

angkor
June 2nd, 2006, 11:13 AM
I like this one by angkor:

Thanks. :) I like yours as well. Both seem to fit the ubuntu colors. I like 'warm' colors.

curuxz
June 2nd, 2006, 11:18 AM
Look here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=171394

Ok I was convinced that was just some random woman ie model or something I feel really sleezy now for suggesting that :( should have done a search before calling someone on the forum hot

Sorry fuscia did not mean to sound like a pig.

*mental note, no more commenting on peoples avatars for me...it will get me in trouble*

EDIT: Just read the rest of that post you linked too, seems it is NOT fuscia, now im just confused..whats real? are we in the matrix still.

Hanj
June 2nd, 2006, 11:34 AM
Mine is from the Danish comic strip Strid. Not very exciting perhaps, but I kinda like it :)

henriquemaia
June 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
[...]

*mental note, no more commenting on peoples avatars for me...it will get me in trouble*
[...]

Since avatars are people's "faces" on the forums and many reflect personal tastes and thoughts, that's a good thing to have in mind.

fuscia
June 2nd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Ok I was convinced that was just some random woman ie model or something I feel really sleezy now for suggesting that :( should have done a search before calling someone on the forum hot

Sorry fuscia did not mean to sound like a pig.

EDIT: Just read the rest of that post you linked too, seems it is NOT fuscia, now im just confused..whats real? are we in the matrix still.

pick out any bridge you like and i'll give it to you half off.

(it's zhang ziyi, btw.)

papangul
June 2nd, 2006, 12:43 PM
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00167/Zhang_Ziyi_167261g.jpg

Klaidas
June 2nd, 2006, 01:28 PM
My avatar is my eye, a picture taken like a year ago. You can still find it in my photo gallery ;)

az
June 2nd, 2006, 03:18 PM
but that pic is wayyyyyyy hotter that I would expect any Ubuntu user to look like LOL.

Thanks a lot!

*I*'m not wearing any pants, in my avatar....

ubuntu_demon
June 2nd, 2006, 05:55 PM
kassetra made mine.

MenZa
June 2nd, 2006, 06:10 PM
Wheee, Gabe of PA (http://www.penny-arcade.com).

Gtaylor
June 2nd, 2006, 06:28 PM
Mine is from some German band that I can't ever remember. I just thought it looked cool :)

bored2k
June 2nd, 2006, 06:33 PM
Blame kassetra ;)

matthew
June 2nd, 2006, 11:07 PM
Blame kassetra ;)She made an earlier one of mine--and I still like it a lot.

Lord Illidan
June 2nd, 2006, 11:14 PM
Here's mine...

kassetra
June 2nd, 2006, 11:17 PM

HEY!!!!!!

I'm thinking I want to take offense to that! Well... maybe after a nap... and some tea...

kassetra
June 2nd, 2006, 11:18 PM
Blame kassetra ;)

nooooo blaming me! I just make 'em....

Lord Illidan
June 2nd, 2006, 11:20 PM

I like your avatars, if that is any consolation! But I hate the powerpuff girls...lol

fuscia
June 2nd, 2006, 11:21 PM

what is your obsession with these powder puff girls? you're not friends with my nephew, are you?

John.Michael.Kane
June 2nd, 2006, 11:22 PM
kassetra we all know your good at avatar making, and much more....

dvarsam
June 2nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
Dear "fuscia",

The question remains:

Is it or is it not you (in your avatar)?

Cause I have read "contradicting" posts written by you...

P.S.1> To prove it is you or not, you need to give us more pics of you (preferably daily pics - with friends - compared to "modelling" pics - which you might have grabbed/copied from somewhere in the NET)

P.S.2> When I first saw your Avatar, I thought "Marry Me!!!"...

fuscia
June 3rd, 2006, 12:14 AM
Dear "fuscia",

The question remains:

Is it or is it not you (in your avatar)?

Cause I have read "contradicting" posts written by you...

P.S.1> To prove it is you or not, you need to give us more pics of you (preferably daily pics - with friends - compared to "modelling" pics - which you might have grabbed/copied from somewhere in the NET)

P.S.2> When I first saw your Avatar, I thought "Marry Me!!!"...

what kind of car do you drive?

kassetra
June 3rd, 2006, 12:25 AM
what is your obsession with these powder puff girls? you're not friends with my nephew, are you?

no obsession, it was just fun to take simple vectors and create very cute little people out of them.... the powerpuff style is very retro and fit with my design ideals...

Once I started playing around with the little faces and outfits and things... it was all down hill from there.

Well, I'm friends with my two nephews and my two nieces, babies all, if that's any influence... but your nephew... hmmm... nope, can't say I am.

dvarsam
June 3rd, 2006, 12:25 AM

Depending on the Car I am driving, you will decide if you want to "Marry Me" or NOT?

P.S.> Thank God you are NOT asking me what OS I have installed on My PC, because, I guess, the right answer would have been Windows! :D (more funds, bigger company, etc, etc)

kassetra
June 3rd, 2006, 12:26 AM
kassetra we all know your good at avatar making, and much more....

Much more? Hmmm.... hopefully you haven't been talking with my students.... because you can't believe a WORD they say....

kassetra
June 3rd, 2006, 12:27 AM
I like your avatars, if that is any consolation! But I hate the powerpuff girls...lol

well, I think it is. :)

dvarsam
June 3rd, 2006, 12:35 AM

For the answer you must look at my last post in Page 6 (in this thread).

But you have to consider that I am a "squirrel" like animal... (as my avatar suggests) & squirrels don't drive cars...

As you can see in my Avatar, I am holding a "nut" & nuts drive me "nutts"!

bruce89
June 3rd, 2006, 12:42 AM
Jordanhill Railway Station, Glasgow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordanhill_railway_station) was the 1,000,000th article on the English Wikipedia, so I took a picture of the sign. Source (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Jordanhill_sign.jpg)

sudomania4
June 3rd, 2006, 01:20 AM
My avatar is the dapper drake, because dragons are kewler than ducks by far. I made it in gimp. I was originally just testing layering (it has a transparent background) but i decided to make it my avatar.

MrChips
June 3rd, 2006, 01:35 AM
One of my better known relatives.... The similarity to myself is incredible. ;)

Arktis
June 3rd, 2006, 01:52 AM
My av pwns you all.

Garfield, after having a fresh cup of ubuntu. That'll wake you up in the morning, no? I gimped it a bit, obviously, adding the ubu logo and changing the colors a bit.

batholith
June 3rd, 2006, 03:17 AM
Wow, this works on so many levels...(a whooping two, to be exact)

<-----my daughter Ava

If we only made her middle name "Tar"...

lapsey
June 3rd, 2006, 03:19 AM
nominate self

DoktorSeven
June 3rd, 2006, 05:25 AM
<- from my favorite game of all time.

bored2k
June 3rd, 2006, 06:35 AM
They grow on you, trust me. If I ever came across PPG on tv, I would probably watch the whole thing and histerically giggle at it while thinking "kassetra's one serious nut :P".

henriquemaia
June 3rd, 2006, 09:53 AM
Found one more I like.

Warlord's, have nice effect.
http://ubuntuforums.org/image.php?u=1774&dateline=1110218139

elamericano
June 3rd, 2006, 10:07 AM
<---- thread over.
I guess now I can ask who that is?

I once thought an Anime character would be good (better than my current cartoon), but I never found one I liked as a self-representation. Iandefore's is pretty good. As for humurous, the cat being held at gunpoint is pretty funny.

u.b.u.n.t.u
June 3rd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Any one for ubuntu coffee? (Made from the finest coffee crops, in the richest soils, in fartherest reaches of the most secluded mountain valleys on Earth). Only the best!

:-D

matthew
June 4th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I nominate this one for best of the week...owned by this guy http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=862
It's great when it is under his name and the beans are perfectly aligned, a row of 5, then 4, then one falling.

Unfortunately he has the "contact by PM/email" options turned off or I would have told him so directly.

fuscia
June 4th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I guess now I can ask who that is?.

zhang ziyi

isotonic
June 4th, 2006, 02:53 PM

richbarna
June 4th, 2006, 02:53 PM
No one is allowed to upload animated avatars anymore, those that exist (and there are very few) have been around since before the ban and were allowed to remain. If beerorkid ever changes his he won't be able to choose another animated avatar.

I have seen animated avatar's that are only 19k, what is the reason for the ban ?

henriquemaia
June 4th, 2006, 03:03 PM
I nominate this one for best of the week...owned by this guy http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=862
It's great when it is under his name and the beans are perfectly aligned, a row of 5, then 4, then one falling.

Unfortunately he has the "contact by PM/email" options turned off or I would have told him so directly.
I agree. Very nice effect. Best Avatar of the Week for me too.

As a side note, one thing I found interesting about this topic (Best forum avatars) is to think it not as MY AVATAR IS THE BEST ONE EVER but to find opinions on others avatars you like. Of course most people find their avatars the best ones, otherwise they'll just choose another one to meet their tastes. But if, lets say, everyone starts pointing out one particular avatar as the one they like best, you could actually get an idea of the best forum avatar(s). If Mathew hadn't pointed out Rui Pais' avatar, I probably would have missed it. Well, enough said. Have fun.

izmaelis
June 4th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Here I am. Acting as my avatar. 8)

sherlock-holmes
June 4th, 2006, 03:09 PM
:rolleyes: i thot this is a forum for nerds.... intelligent... ](*,)

neoflight
June 4th, 2006, 03:12 PM

oh really? !!!

matthew
June 4th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I have seen animated avatar's that are only 19k, what is the reason for the ban ?There were some really obnoxious ones here for a while that were distracting and full of spam...and that subsequently were reported every few minutes. It got to be too much to police them all so we ended up banning them altogether. Those that remain were okay, but it was just required too much work for our poor staff to follow up on all of them so often so we banned them altogether and allowed the few non-revolting ones we knew of to remain until the next time they were changed.

isotonic
June 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM
it looks like you're constipated old chap...how about trying some herbal tea? :p

Here I am. Acting as my avatar. 8)

matthew
June 4th, 2006, 06:10 PM
it looks like you're constipated old chap...how about trying some herbal tea? :pThis is the second time you have made a comment like this in the same thread. The first time it was kind of funny. Now it's become old and stale. Time to move on to new things, okay?

isotonic
June 4th, 2006, 06:41 PM

erimar77
June 4th, 2006, 07:33 PM
< found it on google somewhere

Arktis
June 4th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Whoa, that really IS cool! It's like, "Rambo Squirrel". I like it a lot.

richbarna
June 4th, 2006, 09:00 PM
There were some really obnoxious ones here for a while that were distracting and full of spam...and that subsequently were reported every few minutes. It got to be too much to police them all so we ended up banning them altogether. Those that remain were okay, but it was just required too much work for our poor staff to follow up on all of them so often so we banned them altogether and allowed the few non-revolting ones we knew of to remain until the next time they were changed.

Ok, I understand. What do you do about unanimated, spammy, disgusting avatars ?
And how about allowing them only for people that have a certain amount of beans ?
You know, nice people that spend a lot of time helping newbies (hint hint) :mrgreen:

paul cooke
June 4th, 2006, 09:52 PM
They grow on you, trust me. If I ever came across PPG on tv, I would probably watch the whole thing and histerically giggle at it while thinking "kassetra's one serious nut :P".

could have been worse... could have been OMG Poniez...

gingermark
June 4th, 2006, 09:54 PM
paul cooke, I love your avatar.

fuscia
June 4th, 2006, 10:01 PM

it's gone downhill since the end of february.

sherlock-holmes
June 4th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Depending on the Car I am driving, you will decide if you want to "Marry Me" or NOT?

P.S.> Thank God you are NOT asking me what OS I have installed on My PC, because, I guess, the right answer would have been Windows! :D (more funds, bigger company, etc, etc)

if that question were, "what is the color of your shirt? " then you could have easily skip the followthru....:mrgreen:

sherlock-holmes
June 4th, 2006, 11:08 PM
it's gone downhill since the end of february.

haha... "incredible imbecility" .....:rolleyes:

matthew
June 5th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Ok, I understand. What do you do about unanimated, spammy, disgusting avatars ?I can think of several in the last month that have been changed due to a PM, an email or direct intervention by staff. We just get a lot less reported post traffic from these because they generally aren't so "in your face."

And how about allowing them only for people that have a certain amount of beans ?
You know, nice people that spend a lot of time helping newbies (hint hint) :mrgreen:That's not a bad idea. Post a new thread in the Forum Discussion area if you want to start a discussion about it. You never know, it might be possible.

fuscia
June 5th, 2006, 01:21 AM
haha... "incredible imbecility" .....:rolleyes:

right-ch'oo are, old bean.

macheadPDX
June 5th, 2006, 06:46 AM
The avatar of a big U2 fan... 8)

isotonic
June 5th, 2006, 10:31 AM

Harold P
June 5th, 2006, 11:50 AM
are you using a motorola v300 in your avatar? or is it an LG?
v300, I think. :p

fuscia
June 5th, 2006, 01:06 PM
why? what happened at that time?

surely it can't be my fault since i started posting last month (some might call *that* the time it started going downhill).:-D:mrgreen:

hey! that is quite a coincidence, isn't it? well, sherlock (the member to whom i was responding) joined in march. maybe he had something to do with it. you two don't know each other, do you?

sherlock-holmes
June 5th, 2006, 01:25 PM
hey! that is quite a coincidence, isn't it? well, sherlock (the member to whom i was responding) joined in march. maybe he had something to do with it. you two don't know each other, do you?

so he is the one...!!! my investigation is complete....:wink:

fuscia
June 5th, 2006, 03:20 PM
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/screw.gif

+

http://www.aluminumbats.com/ProductImages/balls/a1074bsst.jpg

=

isotonic
June 5th, 2006, 06:11 PM
was it elementary then? and hey!, where's watson when you need him?=D>

sherlock-holmes
June 5th, 2006, 06:53 PM
was it elementary then? and hey!, where's watson when you need him?=D>

it is... the scintillating result of a deduction from observation...:-\"

beerorkid
June 6th, 2006, 10:43 PM
No one is allowed to upload animated avatars anymore, those that exist (and there are very few) have been around since before the ban and were allowed to remain. If beerorkid ever changes his he won't be able to choose another animated avatar.

that makes me a sad panda :(

so yeah I guess I am never changing it

matthew
June 6th, 2006, 11:06 PM
that makes me a sad panda :(

so yeah I guess I am never changing itI hope you don't. Your avatar rocks!

kafitz22
June 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Here's my avatar. He's my friend, not me.

beerorkid
June 6th, 2006, 11:39 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/image.php?u=68867&dateline=1138592998

bukuntu's rocks (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=68867)

oyvindaa
June 6th, 2006, 11:55 PM
The late Frank Silva.

Rest in peace, mate.

KLineD
June 7th, 2006, 12:39 AM
From the last Slayer's album...

JSchwage
June 7th, 2006, 01:36 AM
I spent quite a bit of time working on my new "Ubuntux" avatar. I think it turned out quite good.

rider343
June 7th, 2006, 01:48 AM
I'm here too :)

woedend
June 7th, 2006, 01:52 AM
I like JSchwages...fat animals make me laugh...and it looks like kirby.

ProjectGod
June 7th, 2006, 04:11 AM
mine is the best!!! well at least that's what i think... its my pet cat... a food loving fat feline.

Rumor
June 7th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Coffee makes my llama happy.

rcarring
June 7th, 2006, 04:25 AM
I remember on one Windows forum I was so tempted to put a Linux related avatar that I don't have an avatar there, I guess I just didn't want to be seen as a troll.

ericesque
June 7th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Mine is a painting by Rene Magritte. I've always liked the suit with the bowler derby. I need to buy me one.

If you like Escher or Dali, check out Magritte. A simple google image search should be a good place to start.