PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Missing Clock/Weather Applet in Unity 2D [Ubuntu 11.10]

Arkitekt
October 15th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Just upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10, since I can't seem to install netbook-launcher-efl anymore since it is been removed I have settled for Unity 2D on my netbook.

All of my other applets are still in the top right: Tomboy Notes, Battery, Wireless, Sound, etc. But I am missing the clock with weather applet that has always been there before. How can I add this? right clicking the panel doesn't allow my to add indicators or move them around like I could before. I also would like to get rid of the mail icon looking indicator.

Krytarik
October 15th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I am missing the clock with weather applet that has always been there before. How can I add this?
There is no unified clock/weather indicator available for Unity, afaik.
But you can add the stand-alone "Weather Indicator":

http://www.tuxgarage.com/2011/05/weather-indicator-for-unity.html

right clicking the panel doesn't allow my to add indicators or move them around like I could before.
Re-arranging panel items is not exactly as easy as in classic Gnome.
But I think this method applies to Unity 2D, too:

http://www.tuxgarage.com/2011/06/re-arrange-appindicators-in-ubuntu.html

I also would like to get rid of the mail icon looking indicator.
Therefore, just remove the package "indicator-messages":

sudo apt-get purge indicator-messagesHope that helps a bit!

Arkitekt
October 16th, 2011, 12:02 AM
That actually helps quite a bit :D thanks. I managed to figure out how to get the DateTime indicator to show on the panel, in the process of adding a weather indicator now.

menonrb
October 16th, 2011, 07:31 AM
How did you get the DateTime indicator to show up? Having the same problem. Thanks.

Swagman
October 16th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Many thanks for that from me as well... Gradually fettling 11:10 into an acceptable fashion.

williammanda
October 17th, 2011, 12:24 AM
All I had to do was use the software center to install for 11.10. Nice app!

Krytarik
October 17th, 2011, 01:10 AM
All I had to do was use the software center to install for 11.10. Nice app!
Oh, yeah, by now Weather Indicator is also in the official repos of both Natty 11.04 and Oneiric 11.10. So, I've just updated the post I linked to earlier. Thanks for the hint! :P

rahaman.naik
October 21st, 2011, 06:57 PM
Even after i installed the indicator-datatime and removing the indicator-messages, the clock is still missing :(. Can one tell me what went wrong ?