PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Has my Ocelot upgrade completed?

LaptopU
October 15th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I upgraded a desktop machine last night and that completed fine.

Today I have upgraded a laptop and the wifi was knocked out (common reported problem) at the point of adobe flash due to be installed. At this point the installer still reported 18 minutes to run.

I received the warning my system was unstable and I needed to run dpkg which I did and that basically said okay all's fine.

I have ran apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, apt-get autoremove and these are all saying nothing needs to be done. GUI update manager reports system up to date, the repos are reporting back as Ocelot too.

Everything seems okay, so does it seem that my upgrade has completed properly? I am a little worried there are unresolved issues as there was still 18 minutes left on the upgrade when it crashed out and I don't know how to start the upgrade back up to complete the process.

23dornot23d
October 15th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I have seen others with the similar thing happen ...... check below for the links

Only way you will know for sure is if youu start getting any errors - please report them back here if you do .

If all the upgrades are reporting no problems ....... another other place to look may be is in your info logs .......

LaptopU
October 16th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks, it appears to be okay so far so I think the upgrade must have completed, but this version of Ubuntu is one of the worst upgrades I have experienced. Knocking off a wifi connection for the upgrade when an internet connection is required is a pretty big face-palm moment!