PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Unity menu bar customisation

tommo1982
October 15th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I like the Unity UI, but in 11.10 few things I really liked were removed. There was 'All Programs' button right under working space's, which I right clicked to get to my apps quickly. Is there a way to get it back? It was something I really liked and why I switched from gnome to Unity. I know it's in the dash thing, but I never really used that button and now it's all I have left :(

Second is the dashboard or whatever it's called. I mean the black button with ubuntu logo. I maximise it every time I open it, but it just won't stay this way. It returns to the defaults and after a few times becomes really disturbing. I could get used to it, but I can't customise it the way I want. Is there any way to configure?

tommo1982
October 18th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I withdraw my help request. It seems there is a shortcut to open All Files menu in Launcher (it's Dash or Launcher menu? I'm somewhat confused with the names). It's SUPER + A. By the way, I have learned a few new things about Unity. It seems it can do all I wanted, but I just didn't know how I can make it do it :)

F104G
October 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM
It seems it can do all I wanted, but I just didn't know how I can make it do it :)

He he - that's often the case with Ubuntu. Happy 'pootering! :)