PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Which is better, clean installation or upgrade?

Cathbertpk1987
October 15th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Hi Guys!!
I'm looking forward to switch to new Ubuntu released recently. I need your advice on which is better and why is it better on whether to do clean installation or an upgrade. I want to move from 11.04 to 11.10.
Thx in advance!!

23dornot23d
October 15th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I am keeping track of the upgrades at the moment and the chances of it going well are
still not really that positive yet ...... but they are getting better ....

Test on a liveCd then .......

I would do a clean install in a clean 20 Gig partition and make sure everything works as you want it to ......

after a week or so ..... it may be good to do the upgrade ...... but at present I would tend to hold back - unless you feel confident you can solve any of the problems in the link
below ....

Cathbertpk1987
October 15th, 2011, 02:43 AM
I did an upgrade and now my wireless connection seemed disabled without an option to enable it (in GUI, i don't know how to do it in Command). I'm now thinking of installing it in a clean way if i wont come up with a solution to this problem. I really feel crapped without wireless connection.

23dornot23d
October 15th, 2011, 02:47 AM
In Dash - type

Network settings ..... I think .... and choose which you have .... ( or network connections )

mine was wireless and it listed the Livebox connection that I use ,,,,,

Cathbertpk1987
October 15th, 2011, 02:58 AM
In Dash - type

Network settings ..... I think .... and choose which you have .... ( or network connections )

mine was wireless and it listed the Livebox connection that I use ,,,,,
In Dash - Type, what do you mean? I have checked everything in Network Settings but i couldn't figure it out. Settings seemed okay at the moment as i didn't disturb them before and after the problem.

23dornot23d
October 15th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Ok Networks is not my thing - so maybe it needs posting in the section for networks ...
on the forum .....

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=336

or wait for some one else to figure it out .....

Cathbertpk1987
October 15th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Ok Networks is not my thing - so maybe it needs posting in the section for networks ...
on the forum .....

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=336

or wait for some one else to figure it out .....
Thx buddy, lets wait for other guys if they got solution to this. I did post in network section either.