PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bootscreen problem... please help

anicetus001
October 15th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Ok, so I just finished upgrading to 11.10, which I don't like so far. But I have one main problem on my mind right now... when I had 11.04, I installed this cool boot screen. http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=141461
After the upgrade, it's still there. I figured it would have changed it. Now I'm kind of annoyed by this and was wondering if there is any way to get rid of it. I'm not very good as of yet when it comes to being experienced with Ubuntu and using the commands. So any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

:popcorn:

23dornot23d
October 15th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Go into the dash ...... and type in

background

you should then be able to change it ...... ( or use the mouse and right click on the background screen ) .....
depends which desktop you are running

anicetus001
October 15th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Is that how to change the wallpaper? I went into Dash and typed in Background, then "Appearance" popped up. I don't see anywhere to change my Splash Screen(Boot Screen).

:(

Thank you though, I was wondering how to change my wallpaper. I usually go to "Appearance" in my Power Menu at the top right hand corner, but I don't have one up there. That's also another problem I have.

23dornot23d
October 15th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Yep I just looked at the picture and thought it was your background wallpaper ....

I have not tried changing the boot screen on this version yet