PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 11:10 ... Screen log out timer

Swagman
October 14th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Just upgraded to 11:10. I've not noticed any issues but damned if I can find how to alter the screen log out timer.

It used to be in screensavers but that appears to have been removed on upgrade (downgrade ?)

I used that "dash" effort to search for screen and locked myself out again whilst not finding out how to reset it back to the 45 mins it was at before the upgrade.

I also looked in the System settings... Not there either

So I give up.. Someone give me a clue please. I was under the impression this new unity thing had been designed for the clueless masses of which I now appear to be one of !!

MAFoElffen
October 14th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Just upgraded to 11:10. I've not noticed any issues but damned if I can find how to alter the screen log out timer.

It used to be in screensavers but that appears to have been removed on upgrade (downgrade ?)

I used that "dash" effort to search for screen and locked myself out again whilst not finding out how to reset it back to the 45 mins it was at before the upgrade.

I also looked in the System settings... Not there either

So I give up.. Someone give me a clue please. I was under the impression this new unity thing had been designed for the clueless masses of which I now appear to be one of !!
In system settings > screen... There is a setting to set screen lock on or off. Above it is the setting for time.

What is not there anymore (yet), is the ability for changing the sceensaver. The old applet no longer works. They're trying to rewrite it for the new system. It's "all" distro wide on this upstream code-base.

Swagman
October 15th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Thankyou

I thought I'd looked at that option but evidently not.

! issue resolved

:-)