PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need a quick answer

Sknow
October 14th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I've looked around on the threads and haven't really found my scenario in any of them. I just need a quick answer to the question "Can I do this?" Here's the situation:

I upgraded to 11.10 yesterday and found that some of my programs don't work right anymore. They worked fine in 11.04 and I liked 11.04 better overall. I spent like 5 hours last night backing up all my stuff to Ubuntu One. The backup was done after I had already installed 11.10 (noob mistake). What I want to know is this: Is there a way I can reinstall 11.04 and restore the backup so that all my programs, settings, files, etc are there just like it was before I put 11.10 on there?

collisionystm
October 14th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Can you give us an example of something not working right?

Sknow
October 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Second Life (the game) is the main thing that won't work in it. The graphics and audio went to crap when I upgraded to 11.10. It sounds silly to cause this fuss over a game but it's something my wife likes to do so I try to keep her happy :P Overall I liked the look and feel of Natty better and would just like it back

collisionystm
October 14th, 2011, 05:38 PM
what kind of video card do you have?

Sknow
October 14th, 2011, 05:40 PM
It's a netbook so just the standard crappy integrated card. The computer is actually below the system requirements of the game but 11.04 would still run it and everything worked. As I said, 11.10 won't load textures or audio, I don't understand why it would change but I want my Natty back :)