PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Eclipse CDT malfunction after upgrade to 11.10

s-valley
October 14th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I just upgraded my system 11.04 to 11.10. It upgraded my eclipse from Galileo to Indigo. Now my CDT seems to be not working.

the error message as follows:

Unable to create editor ID org.eclipse.cdt.ui.editor.CEditor: No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.cdt.ui.editor.CEditor

Exception stack trace
org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.cdt.ui.editor.CEditor
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart Helper(EditorReference.java:601)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart (EditorReference.java:465)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.get Part(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibl eEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:271)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.setVisibleEd itor(EditorManager.java:1459)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$5.runWithExc eption(EditorManager.java:972)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRu nnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableL ock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessa ges(Synchronizer.java:135)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(D isplay.java:3563)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Di splay.java:3212)
at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWi ndows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$33.runWithExcept ion(Workbench.java:1595)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRu nnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableL ock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessa ges(Synchronizer.java:135)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(D isplay.java:3563)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Di splay.java:3212)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench. java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workben ch.java:2494)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench. java:674)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runW ithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWork bench(Workbench.java:667)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Pl atformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplica tion.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle. run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseA ppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java: 110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseA ppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ru n(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ru n(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework( Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.ja va:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:14 10)

Session Data

eclipse.buildId=I20110613-1736
java.version=1.6.0_23
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

Please help me.

shumifan50
December 13th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I suffer the same problem. Did anybody find a solution to this. Looking at the error log displayed, it looks like it also broke Qt integration.

Any help appreciated.

I would also like to integrate subversion, bt that has a problem in Eclipse Indigo/ubuntu as the libsvn-java required by Indigo is not available on ubuntu.

shumifan50
December 13th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I fixed the CDT problem by setting up the eclipse URL for the 8.1 CDT in eclipse to fetch the new version. I then installed the 8.1 CDT from eclipse and it all started working again.

romulusnr
February 1st, 2012, 12:29 AM
I don't understand why there are so many issues like this in 11.10.

Even Win 98 or Vista wasn't this bad.

Everything is broken, choice taken away, replaced with apps with less flexibility, broken upgrade paths for mission-critical software (what, no one uses Eclipse? are you kidding?)

Canonical is determined to convert Linux from a powerful OS to a cute OS. Blech.

inb4 ala "you're wrong about flexibility, just install ccsm and you can change the icon size, see?"

Ranting, because after fighting with Gnome 3's INcompatible, fake "Gnome 2 look" for a day, and fighting with Unity for another day, I'm now fighting with Eclipse for a day. Not something my company probably considers very productive, and not a good sell for workplace Linux.

Oneiric = Form over function? You betcha!

SteMMo
February 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
I have the same problem(s) but for Java development.
I configured Eclipse 3.7.1 for Android development but now it is all break.
The upgrade silently substituted OOO and Eclipse and now i'm stucked !!!
In this way Ubuntu will never enter in a office or any other serious use!!! :confused:

File Java:
Could not open the editor: No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.jdt.ui.CompilationUnitEditor

File xml:
Could not open the editor: No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLMulti PageEditorPart

Version: 3.7.0
Build id: I20110613-1736

No New file or new project for Java, only CVS.

Help > Install new software: no packages in the list.

zob
April 24th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I have the same problem as SteMMo. My eclipse was setup for android development. But under an upgrade of the ADT this happened. Now it seems half of the functionality of eclipse has dissapeared. No more syntax highlighting. It doesn't seem to recognize different filetypes (all the small icons in navigator or project explorer, be it for .java or .xml or whatever, now just look the icons for .txt-files).I don't know, maybe it's some setting, but I really don't have a clue.

I also get the same error messages as SteMMo mentioned.

I'm on ubuntu 12.04 (I don't think that is the problem though).
Eclipse version: 3.7.2-1
Build id: I20110613-1736

Just want to follow the thread...

I just tried to revert the updates. Got this error messages: http://paste.ubuntu.com/944625/

I'll have to make sure it's not just server that's down or something. But now you know (if you want to).

zob
April 24th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Just tried to reinstall everything. Java, eclipse and stuff. I'm still having the same problem. This is actually crazy. Even the option to create a new java project has disappeared from eclipse...

Bonta
June 19th, 2012, 04:22 AM
I have had this problem when running downloaded Eclipse as well as repository installed Eclipse.

zob
June 19th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I should maybe add that it worked very well for me when I finally deleted the repos installation an got eclipse from here: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/