PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Blackbox screen resolution switching

Floore
October 14th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Hi all,

I have a requirement from a client to create a desktop environment with access to only a browser, and shortcut keys that perform actions like open volume control, display video/graphics properties, and shutdown/restart the machine (essentialy kiosk mode with shortcut keys). I have accomplished these things so far.

I have blackbox installed, with bbkeys as the keyboard shortcuts manager, Firefox with rkiosk installed (prevents right-click, maximizes the window, disables all toolbars and disables shortcut keys specific to Firefox)

Unfortunately when I change the screen resolution in blackbox, it seems the resolution of my monitor changes, but not the resolution of blackbox, if you get me. I.e. when I change the resolution in Gnome/kde, the windows resize and the toolbars at the top/bottom resize (the usual, expected behaviour), but when I do the same thing in blackbox, only the top left portion of the window is displayed. So effectively I am only seeing the top quarter of the screen if I changed down from 1600 x 1200 to 800 x 600.

Any ideas how I can get the windows to fit the display resolution??

Thanks in advance guys!

Floore
October 16th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Anyone have any ideas??