PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.10 how can I install netbeans?

magowiz82
October 14th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Hi,
I just upgraded from 11.04 to 11.10 and I saw that netbeans package has been removed from ubuntu repositories, since I have some netbeans projects, how can I install netbeans (>=6.9) ?
Is there any ppa ?

Cyberkef
October 14th, 2011, 10:29 AM
While updating, I've seen he removed netbeans.

When I'm looking in the software center, I see that netbeans is still marked as installed.

When I try to open it in unity, he doesn't find it.

Hmmm... Ghost-netbeans #-o

*edit*

Deleting and re-installing the package doesn't seem to work :(

*edit 2*

Downloaded and installed the .sh file from netbeans.org to install it. Works like a charm now :)

merlyn333
October 14th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I also have this issue.

b3orion
October 14th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I am having a similar issue. I downloaded the .sh file, and go to install it but it says I don't have the java JDK installed. I have tried downloading it from java and telling the installer where it is, but it then says "an unknown error occurred"
Any advice on this issue?

Hadreth
October 14th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I'm having the same issue, though i concluded i'd have to wait until a netbeans upload came in release, since it says netbeans 7 is an obsolete version.... how long it'll be until then? that's the question... since practically i use my laptop almost just for netbeans it seems i'll have to go back to 11.04... but i really wouldn't like to do that.

65 mustang
October 14th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Why did they remove netbeans?!?!?!

osmak
October 15th, 2011, 04:20 PM
You can download netbeans from here http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html. Make the .sh file executable and run it.

I tried this and it works except that the netbeans sometimes crashes when creating new projects. Any suggestions?

mozart_ar
October 16th, 2011, 07:07 PM
does it definitely out of official repositories? I use netbeans daily, I've upgraded from 11.04 to 11.10.

Fernie Alex
October 16th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I had a similar problem. Don't use the jdk7 from the Oracle site, use the openjdk6 from the repos and download netbeans from Oracle.

youngunix
October 16th, 2011, 08:29 PM
that is weird, I've upgraded from 11.04->11.10 (fingers crossed) so far with no issues, while it was upgrading it mentioned something about pgks that no longer needed and will be removed. Most were "lib..." no other apps got removed including; Qt4, NetBeans, Eclipse, etc.....

just go back to the website and download it again.

Hadreth
October 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I had a similar problem. Don't use the jdk7 from the Oracle site, use the openjdk6 from the repos and download netbeans from Oracle.

Thanks dude. indeed, it seems the netbeans packet was just removed from the repositories but the program works pretty well if it's downloaded from oracle webpage. i used JDK 6 and i'm running NetBeans 7.0.1.

:)

Seregwethrin
October 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
My Ubuntu 11.10 says "No compatible JDK was found"

Even I had OpenJdk 6, after I installed OpenJdk 7 and still the same when I restart the Netbeans installation .sh file...

DrKay
October 23rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
My Ubuntu 11.10 says "No compatible JDK was found"

Even I had OpenJdk 6, after I installed OpenJdk 7 and still the same when I restart the Netbeans installation .sh file...

Exactly the same issue here.

Seregwethrin
October 23rd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Exactly the same issue here.

It is fixed for me after installing openjdk-7-jdk and openjdk-6-jdk

Type whole of the package names to ubuntu software center search. Until you put -jdk suffix it doesn't show the package. I don't know why. Not so smart.

MiThRaZoR
October 24th, 2011, 04:18 AM
I installed jdk7 with these instructions. And it worked.

http://www.shinephp.com/install-jdk-7-on-ubuntu/

jeremyjjbrown
October 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Netbeans has always been in the repos. Why remove it? Maybe they are afraid of oracle.

ivan.tg
November 5th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Or may be this is the answer... Please remove netbeans package from Ubuntu Oneiric universe repo (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/netbeans/+bug/822753)
Anyway, it is a pity that they did it.

darkod
November 5th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I do it like this:
1. Download the java you want from Oracle website (for example the latest jdk7) compressed file.
2. Extract the file where ever you want. For example /home/username/jdk7
3. Download the latest netbeans.sh from their website.
4. Install with:
sudo ./path/netbeans.sh --javahome /path/to/jdk7

If you need to remove it in future you need to use the same --javahome option and the path to where jdk is.

This way you can always have latest and not depend on repositories.

PS. I think the option was --javahome, I am at work now and can't check. If you run just the netbeans.sh it will tell you which option to use to specify where jdk is.