PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! Beans + Comments = "Type Mismatch"

varunendra
October 14th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Just a couple of posts ago, I had "Dark Roasted Ubuntu". Now it says "(blah-blah-blah)... No Foam". Same beans+cups picture in both cases. Now of these three beans, only one seems 'lightly' roasted, the other two are 'green' :biggrin:...... And the cup? Oh it has a lot of foam on it.:lolflag:

Damn inconsistencies....#-o I WAAAAANT JUSTICE :evil:

What's the point of this post?? Uh, who cares, maybe some of you may be able to figure out (and tell me too, if you do). It just feels good to be absolutely nonsense some times :D. After all, it's not going to inflict any Taxes on me is it?

So while I am off to lunch now, maybe some more of you guys (oh, gals are welcome too..!! ;)), who feel extra crazy today, may join in. The only rule is - "It is prohibited to make any sense"..

Cya!

forrestcupp
October 14th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Yackety Schmackety!

It appears that if you post a lot in the community sections, where posts don't count for beans, and you don't post for a while in the support sections, your bean/cup picture regresses somewhat. When I used to post in support a lot, a had a bunch of cups. Now that I don't, I've only retained one of them.

Merk42
October 14th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Beans will be removed when the website gets a makeover anyway.

Of course the makeover is hinging on getting a bug fixed with launchpad and at the rate it's progressing it should be done when HURD is released.

varunendra
October 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Yackety Schmackety! yeah, now that's like SOMETHING :D

It appears that if you post a lot in the community sections, where posts don't count for beans, and you don't post for a while in the support sections, your bean/cup picture regresses somewhat. When I used to post in support a lot, a had a bunch of cups. Now that I don't, I've only retained one of them.Nope! I don't think I post "a lot" in those non-support sections. I guess I only have posted a few in the 'Hate' thread' and one of the the T&E threads recently.
I'm infrequent in the support section? Yeah, in fact I'm infrequent on the UF itself nowadays. U c, as the time (+mood+knowledge) allows ;)

Of course the makeover is hinging on getting a bug fixed with launchpad and at the rate it's progressing it should be done when HURD is released.
I hope we'll have a chance to share our opinion on what the changes should be.. For example, OP's posts in a different colour!

WasMeHere
October 14th, 2011, 02:14 PM
The match is in your avatar, varunendra
but in due time it will burn ;-)
Olle

varunendra
October 14th, 2011, 02:34 PM
The match is in your avatar, varunendra
but in due time it will burn ;-)
Olle
Nope! It is a "Nuclear Matchstick" based on advanced nuclear-fusion. Would last longer than myself :-\" I just wonder how long it would take for it to roast and burn all the beans.:-k

EDIT:
Oops! I disclosed it!! Now somebody tell me how to hide from CIA and KGB.

WasMeHere
October 14th, 2011, 04:15 PM
In truecrypt there should be pretty good privacy

forrestcupp
October 14th, 2011, 04:42 PM

What? No more beans?

koenn
October 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
What? No more beans?

it's confusing to newbies and therefore against Ubuntu's usability guidelines.

That results in too many "what's with the beans?" threads in the wrong subforums, causing too much work for the moderators (move the thread, answer the question, create a sticky about but then no one reads it, ...) and generally to much load on the forum's servers, database crashes, etc.

The resulting data inconsistency in the database then results in wrong bean count and quirks in the user title and corresponding logo, resulting in threads like these, which again need to be replied to, moved to the right forum; moderated, ...
causing load on the server , ....
and so on at infinitum.

beans will be end of ubuntuforums and keep Ubuntu from becoming the mainstream desktop OS.

I, for one, applaud this decision to get rid of the beans.

ninjaaron
October 14th, 2011, 08:52 PM

Wait... As in GNU HURD? This does not compute.

lisati
October 14th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Wait... As in GNU HURD? This does not compute.

What have you hurd heard?:confused:

varunendra
October 15th, 2011, 05:32 AM
The resulting data inconsistency in the database then results in wrong bean count and quirks in the user title and corresponding logo, resulting in threads like these, which again need to be replied to, ...(blah-blah-blah)
c'mon buddy, do you really believe it was a support question or a complain??:shock: Do all of those smileys tell you nothing???? Didn't you read this-

What's the point of this post?? Uh, who cares, maybe some of you may be able to figure out (and tell me too, if you do). It just feels good to be absolutely nonsense some times :D....
....The only rule is - "It is prohibited to make any sense"..
I don't mind the beans staying or disappearing, but it's fun and that's important. In my personal experience, it makes complex and boring things much more easier and interesting if you can present them in a funny way (provided it doesn't confuse the topic itself).

Oops! I seem to have accidentally made some sense! Please don't tax me..[-o<

hansdown
October 15th, 2011, 05:49 AM
;)
Oops! I disclosed it!! Now somebody tell me how to hide from CIA and KGB.

Pretend you are sick.

The doctors are very nice.

koenn
October 15th, 2011, 12:01 PM
c'mon buddy, do you really believe it was a support question or a complain?? ...

Do all of those smileys tell you nothing????

It just feels good to be absolutely nonsense some times

oh, you're one of those people who relies on smileys ...
ok, reread my post and imagine it's littered with smileys, then.

varunendra
October 15th, 2011, 12:55 PM
;)
Oops! I disclosed it!! Now somebody tell me how to hide from CIA and KGB.Pretend you are sick.

The doctors are very nice.
Good idea!
Okay then, please nobody disturb me until I finish creating my FAKE medical report for them.... cough-cough-cough.... (& on & on..)

sanderella
October 15th, 2011, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=Merk42;11341568]Beans will be removed when the website gets a makeover anyway.

Oh no! How am I going to make coffee?:(

forrestcupp
October 15th, 2011, 07:58 PM
it's confusing to newbies and therefore against Ubuntu's usability guidelines.

That results in too many "what's with the beans?" threads in the wrong subforums, causing too much work for the moderators (move the thread, answer the question, create a sticky about but then no one reads it, ...) and generally to much load on the forum's servers, database crashes, etc.

The resulting data inconsistency in the database then results in wrong bean count and quirks in the user title and corresponding logo, resulting in threads like these, which again need to be replied to, moved to the right forum; moderated, ...
causing load on the server , ....
and so on at infinitum.

beans will be end of ubuntuforums and keep Ubuntu from becoming the mainstream desktop OS.

Lol. Get ready for Ubuntu to be the mainstream desktop OS. :)

To prevent data inconsistencies, crashes, and newbie confusion, all they have to do is change it to be called "Post Count" and start counting all posts instead of only support posts. That would be a lot easier than having conditional counts, and a lot less confusing. :) :) :)

Lucradia
October 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Same here.

Merk42
October 15th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Wait... As in GNU HURD? This does not compute.Yes, as in, since Duke Nukem Forever actually did come out, I'll use GNU HURD as the next "oh we're working on it's coming out" thing that won't come out for years if ever.

matt_symes
October 15th, 2011, 09:19 PM
The number of people clicking on your CP is more interesting than beans.

*runs for cover*

HURD ? LEMON CURD!

Lucradia
October 15th, 2011, 09:21 PM
The number of people clicking on your UP is more interesting than beans.

*runs for cover*

HURD ? LEMON CURD

Fixed, CP >> UP.

user Profile ;) Also, red names can see hidden notes. (You cannot see your own hidden notes.)

forrestcupp
October 15th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Yes, as in, since Duke Nukem Forever actually did come out, I'll use GNU HURD as the next "oh we're working on it's coming out" thing that won't come out for years if ever.

I was kind of disappointed when DNF actually came out. Now we can't make fun of it anymore. :)

Lucradia
October 15th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I was kind of disappointed when DNF actually came out. Now we can't make fun of it anymore. :)

How about we say, "When ReactOS 1.0 comes?"

varunendra
October 16th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Lol. Get ready for Ubuntu to be the mainstream desktop OS. :)Hurray!! Looks like I'm going to be a millionaire :lolflag:

The number of people clicking on your CP is more interesting than beans.

*runs for cover*
Half of those (or maybe more) would be my own clicks. By the way, you are lucky I've lost all my bullets, and don't want to use my nuclear matchstick, so no need to run for cover.:twisted:

sanderella
October 16th, 2011, 06:43 PM
deleted

forrestcupp
October 16th, 2011, 10:46 PM
How about we say, "When ReactOS 1.0 comes?"

Ha ha. Another good one to add to the Hurd, Netflix, Steam, and Gimp 2.8. :)

... and hell freezing over.

Leaf
October 16th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah, the whole, 50 beans to change your profile is kinda wack. I have a pic and stuff, though not enough beans to change them?

Perhaps my join date has something to do with this.

forrestcupp
October 16th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Yeah, the whole, 50 beans to change your profile is kinda wack. I have a pic and stuff, though not enough beans to change them?

Just get on one of the easy subforums, like the gaming one or something and get your 24 beans in. If they do away with beans, I wonder what they'll do about the avatar thing.

wolfen69
October 17th, 2011, 03:53 AM
This thread blows my mind.

varunendra
October 17th, 2011, 04:09 AM
If they do away with beans, I wonder what they'll do about the avatar thing.
Probably they'll restrict it to different pictures of the tux only. :-\"

Lucradia
October 17th, 2011, 12:48 PM

Did you know if you get 5,000 beans, you can change your custom title? That little bit under your username?

varunendra
October 17th, 2011, 01:45 PM
This thread blows my mind.
Wow! You mean I've created a "Mind-Blowing" thread :lolflag:
"Whoa! Take it easy!!!" (-your sig;))