PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Battery icon missing on 11.10

Sicadastra
October 14th, 2011, 03:03 AM
After installing 11.10 the battery icon was still on my panel but when I had to restart my PC (as part of the distro upgrade) the battery icon disappeared. I tried re-installing the battery status indicator but it looks like they don't have an update for Oneiric.

I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks.

beew
October 14th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Meanwhile I find two battery icons on the panel, maybe I got yours. :)

Sicadastra
October 14th, 2011, 04:03 AM

LOL I had 2 icons initially too before restarting and now they've both disappeared.

mc4man
October 14th, 2011, 05:11 AM
It's now provided by indicator-power
Ck. & make sure it's installed

The Bright Side
October 14th, 2011, 05:36 AM
How does the battery icon look for you guys? I get this ugly icon here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1847941

(see first post)

This has been sitting in my toolbar since I installed the Faenza icon set, and it won't go away anymore.

Sicadastra
October 14th, 2011, 05:40 AM
It's now provided by indicator-power
Ck. & make sure it's installed

I installed it already but it's not appearing on my panel. Do I have to manually add it via right-clicking to panel? Because if that's the case, I have to find a solution on how to do it. The alt + right click on panel isn't working on me.

But thank you for this!

webmaster.kwd
October 14th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Dude I am also facing this problem.
Please someone help us.

Thanks & Regards,
Web Design Pimpri Chinchwad (http://www.krishnawebdevelopers.com)

sileence
October 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Ok, just try this: access to the appearance windows, and change the theme to another theme and after that just select the original theme again, in my case "ambience" it fits the problem and give you all the new icons. In case it doesn't work check if you have your system up-to-date, because Ubuntu 11.10 was released yesterday (Oct 13, 2011)

Sicadastra
October 14th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Ok, just try this: access to the appearance windows, and change the theme to another theme and after that just select the original theme again, in my case "ambience" it fits the problem and give you all the new icons. In case it doesn't work check if you have your system up-to-date, because Ubuntu 11.10 was released yesterday (Oct 13, 2011)

I switched from Ambience theme to Radiance theme but it's still the same despite having my system updated. :(

fritz269
October 14th, 2011, 06:25 PM

I got 2 battery icons also...people must be giving them away.
Collect them, trade them with you friends.

lefthand
October 15th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I noticed mine disappeared a few days before I upgraded, hoped the upgrade would fix it. The light on my laptop that usually turns red when power is critically low also hasn't been coming on. I was very surprised when it shut off on my all of a sudden.

fritz269
October 15th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I used the instructions here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/65751/how-do-i-remove-the-battery-icon-from-top-bar

However, when I put the cursor over the one icon that is left, I get no real information about it other than that is charged. Thats ok, I dont need anything else and I can access the battery settings in the shortcuts

Sicadastra
October 15th, 2011, 06:22 AM
OP here, it looks like the battery icon (2 of them actually) only appears when I'm using the battery solely for power like right now. But when I use my adapter along with my battery to charge it I think it will disappear.

The problem is half-solved but I'd like to see the 'charging' icon when my laptop is plugged.

ETA: I can see the power indicator applet when I'm charging and when I'm solely using the battery. I guess the next step would be to check if I can see the 'plugged in' sign when I'm only using the adapter (without the battery) as the source of power.

Sicadastra
October 15th, 2011, 07:51 AM
OP here again. It looks like the power indicator applet only appears when you're using the battery whether with an adapter or solely. I guess I'll create a new thread for the 'charging' icon disappearing.

Thanks for all the help, folks. They're all appreciated. :)