PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] upgraded 11.10 - evolution history disappeared.

coquitlam glenn
October 13th, 2011, 10:07 PM
All my read messages, sent messages, are gone. Evolution works fine otherwise. Plus, I get this error message everytime I send mail now:

Your message was sent, but an error occurred during post-processing.
The reported error was "Failed to append to mbox:///home/glenn/.local/share/evolution/mail/local#Sent: Invalid folder URI 'mbox:///home/glenn/.local/share/evolution/mail/local#Sent'
Appending to local 'Sent' folder instead.".

I think I just need to repoint evolution back to a folder that has moved??? I don't know where to start (I never had a single problem with 11.4)
Thanks

coquitlam glenn
October 14th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Everything else about mail is fine, all my preferences are still there, just seems to be as if the folders containing my emails, both sent and received are gone. I haven't been able to turn anything up yet - help - I can't find where to look for these.

23dornot23d
October 14th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I do not know enough about evolution to help with this - but I hope that someone else can
I have highlighted it in a thread I am running on failed upgrades .....

Although yours is not a failure ...... the fact that all your mail messages have gone
makes it important to solve ..... hope someone with more experience can help you here.

coquitlam glenn
October 14th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks - I think you're right, the rest of the install went without a hitch - everything else is working as before so far.

coquitlam glenn
October 14th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Can anyone tell me how to find my missing received mail files? Where are they usually stored? Everything else is fine, I was able to repoint evolution back to the local folders and seems to be fine. I just don't know where/how to find my old mail.

thanks

geertb
October 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I've got the same problem.
E-mail history of about 10 years GONE!
~/.evolution folder is near empty.
And my last backup dates from about 6 months ago :-(

This behavior is unacceptable after an upgrade. It should never delete critical data like e-mail history (I used Evolution for about 5 years).

WVPARN
October 15th, 2011, 12:50 AM
There is hope!!! See this thread.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11344723