PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I show Ocelot Launcher with corner mouse over?

bwallum
October 13th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Hi

I quite liked the option to show the Launcher panel by mouse over in the top left corner. I can't find the option in 11.10. Any offers please?

Hempsy
October 13th, 2011, 11:45 PM
The only way I've found is to install "CompizConfig Settings Manager" from the software centre. Launch the program, scroll down to ubuntu unity plugin and click it. This contains the launcher behaviour settings. Good luck, I found that it's not the same as 11.04 even set to top left.

bwallum
October 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks Hempsy, hole in one!

You're right about odd behavior. Bottom left works as expected, top left needs a stroke, starting at the top left corner and running the mouse pointer down the left margin a little. OK once you get used to it. You should have more beans!

Regards
Bob

mc4man
October 14th, 2011, 08:31 PM
i'm not going to try to 'explain' this bug report concerning this - the gist seems to be that -

The top corner as a standalone trigger is/has been removed as a 'working' user option

However - the top left corner should work as part of the left edge reveal, which it currently doesn't

You can for the moment enable the upper left corner only & use it in a fashion as seen.

The whole thing reeks of nonsense to me
(the clarifications by John Lea are interesting

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-design/+bug/839677

Hempsy
October 14th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hey bwallum, no problem! I might get a bean addiction that's my only worry. It seemed to me when i played around with it you have to go just below the top panel whereas before you just slammed the pointer to the very top left (which was far easier). mc4man: couldn't agree more, seems like nonsense to me. On a positive note I'm very happy with 11.10 on the whole.

bwallum
October 15th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Having worked with the 'top left corner, stroke down' method to reveal the Launcher I have to say I like it. The top left corner is very busy and it was possible to reveal when it wasn't wanted before, for example when closing using the top left red window button.

Doesn't feel odd now... brilliant design?