PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Canonical have a store in India?

anur.bhargav
October 13th, 2011, 11:12 AM
This might not be the right place to ask this question..
I'm desperate to buy some of those great things up for sale on the Canonical Store.
The shipping costs to India is really very high and additionally we may also have to pay up customs for the product purchased. Is there anything that is being done to bring store to India or have some kind of a retailer to sell the merchandise here.
Also is there a possibility of putting this query through to canonical.:popcorn:

grahammechanical
October 13th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hi

Ubuntu has something called LoCo teams - Local community teams. I do not know if it is Canonical policy to supply a LoCo team with merchandise that can be sold but here is the link anyway:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/

At least you can get into contact with people that have greater connections to Canonical than I think this forum has.

Regards.

oldos2er
October 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Moved to Community Cafe.

LowSky
October 13th, 2011, 09:06 PM
This might not be the right place to ask this question..
I'm desperate to buy some of those great things up for sale on the Canonical Store.
The shipping costs to India is really very high and additionally we may also have to pay up customs for the product purchased. Is there anything that is being done to bring store to India or have some kind of a retailer to sell the merchandise here.
Also is there a possibility of putting this query through to canonical.:popcorn:

Maybe you should contact Canonical directly, not the forums which are basically overrun by normal users and few peeps from the corporation.

anur.bhargav
October 14th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Maybe you should contact Canonical directly, not the forums which are basically overrun by normal users and few peeps from the corporation.

I did send them a message using contact us.. I haven't got a reply :(

anur.bhargav
October 14th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Hi

Ubuntu has something called LoCo teams - Local community teams. I do not know if it is Canonical policy to supply a LoCo team with merchandise that can be sold but here is the link anyway:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/

At least you can get into contact with people that have greater connections to Canonical than I think this forum has.

Regards.

Will try that.. thank you :p..