PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install Ubuntu Server on Raid 0 with kpartx

kaz2057
October 13th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Dear Forum,

I ask you an help because I can't install ubuntu server on my raid configuration.

My problem is that Ubuntu Server not recognize my Raid Configuration. This is because Ubuntu Server distro not included kpartx package, needed to find my raid.

I start by saying that if I use an Ubuntu desktop, I have not any problem because first to start standard live installation, I download the kpartx and then I continue the installation.

Instead, during installation of Ubuntu Server is not possibile add any packages before to partition my hdd.

Anyboady have any solution? I cannot find anything until now ...

It is possibile that I cannot install an Ubuntu Server distro on a Raid? I think it is absurd.

Thank you

kaz2057
October 15th, 2011, 01:41 PM
No Solution? I need to prepare a server as soon as possibile ...

Help me please

kaz2057
October 18th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Up

kaz2057
October 23rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
up

a2j
October 24th, 2011, 03:39 AM
IIRC, you should be able to install whatever packages you need before you do partitioning. Just like using ubuntu alt install cd.

kaz2057
October 24th, 2011, 02:57 PM
no! you can install all packages just AFTER the partioning ...

this is my problem. Ubuntu first ask you to partition you hard disk, then ask you to choose the packages ... now I try to download alternative install cd, but I think to not resolve it anymore

kaz2057
October 24th, 2011, 03:12 PM
IIRC, you should be able to install whatever packages you need before you do partitioning. Just like using ubuntu alt install cd.

Ok I trie alternative install cd and the problem is the same!!!

Installation ask me to choose packages after partitioning ...

have you other ideas please?