PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Corrupt windows can't select minimize or maximize [Stuck}

SirBlain
October 13th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Hey, I've looked all over, maybe I'm not using the right search terms. I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal and I have this all too frequent problem of windows getting stuck maximized, or they think they are but I can only see part of it. Also I can't seem to access the menu bar or minimize/maximize buttons. When I hold alt to move it alt seems to grab an invisible layer over the window I want to select. This has become VERY frustrating especially when I was trying to show Ubuntu's fun features to some friends. It mostly happens with Firefox. The only solutions I've found are killing the tasks or logging out. Sometimes I can't even access icons dock on the right even though it's completely visible.

(Sorry my info says I'm running 10.04, the site says I'm not allowed to view my own settings page for some reason.)

LinuxFan999
October 13th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Try opening the terminal and typing in "unity --reset".

You need at least 50 posts to access the control panel.

SirBlain
October 13th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried that as well, forgot to mention it. Sometimes I can't even get to terminal unless I press alt+f2. I was hoping this was a bug somebody's fixed because it's happening every few minutes. Before Unity came out I had never seen a problem like this.