PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] laptop wont boot from cd or usb

ELD
October 12th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I recently got the lenovo ideapad z570 and i cannot get it to boot into Ubuntu, i tested it on a burnt and cd and a usb stick, when booting the menu that comes up first so you select what to boot is completely distorted and after i select the first option, nothing at all happens.

Any ideas on what to do?

BHEJU
October 12th, 2011, 09:58 PM
"screen distorted"?.. seems like the screen is messed up.. try attaching external monitor..

MAFoElffen
October 13th, 2011, 04:53 AM
I recently got the lenovo ideapad z570 and i cannot get it to boot into Ubuntu, i tested it on a burnt and cd and a usb stick, when booting the menu that comes up first so you select what to boot is completely distorted and after i select the first option, nothing at all happens.

Any ideas on what to do?
What huh? That is a fairly new laptop with a some good NVidia graphics right? BlueRay Disk Drive?

Is the ISO you downloaded good? (check the md5sum) The initial screens should be in VGA. At the first with the screen/person icon, it you press <esc>, it goes into a low graphics mode to the next screen... Where it has the advanced menu. <F6> will bring up a dropdown for kernel boot options, which will work with your nvidia graphics...

But that does not explain why your graphics would be distorted in the first 2 screens. Odd.