PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Will 11.10 Lubuntu included in the alternative CD?

bbmak
October 11th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Just wondering will Lubuntu make it into the alternative CD in 11.10?

amjjawad
October 11th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Just wondering will Lubuntu make it into the alternative CD in 11.10?

Yes!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Announcement/11.10

bbmak
October 11th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Yes!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Announcement/11.10

Great, have been waiting for a lightweight GUI for long time. Finally, Lubuntu is able to make it, I do not need to install LXDE manually.

amjjawad
October 12th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Great, have been waiting for a lightweight GUI for long time. Finally, Lubuntu is able to make it, I do not need to install LXDE manually.

Few hours to go ;)

vasa1
October 12th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Few hours to go ;)

Any idea exactly when the doors will open? :D

amjjawad
October 12th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Any idea exactly when the doors will open? :D

Tomorrow but not sure what time exactly.
For me, I'll wait until 14th and will download the torrent file and keep seeding.

Hope everyone else will do the same :)

vasa1
October 12th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Tomorrow but not sure what time exactly.
For me, I'll wait until 14th and will download the torrent file and keep seeding.

Hope everyone else will do the same :)

Since we're talking torrents, wouldn't tomorrow be as good? Any advantage in waiting a day? Or is it just a matter of being cautious?

amjjawad
October 12th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Since we're talking torrents, wouldn't tomorrow be as good? Any advantage in waiting a day? Or is it just a matter of being cautious?

This is me, I like to be in the safe side as always. I can imagine the load on the server on the first day, not to mention I have no idea what is the exact time. So, first thing I'll do on 14 will be downloading Lubuntu 11.10 via torrent :D

dino99
October 12th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Have tested a fresh install today via unetbootin mini-iso, and be very desapointed. The meta package dont install all the required packages and cant login or start X out of the box :( Well maybe 12.04 will be usable.

amjjawad
October 12th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Have tested a fresh install today via unetbootin mini-iso, and be very desapointed. The meta package dont install all the required packages and cant login or start X out of the box :( Well maybe 12.04 will be usable.

I've been testing 11.10 on two PCs and it's very promising. The developers are working so hard and so do the whole team.

The LiveCD issue (Try Lubuntu without Installation) has a bug and I guess it's a known issue.
I managed to get rid of that when I tried to install from LiveUSB. Never got that on LiveUSB.

Some crashes with PCManFM but with the latest test iso, I got only one.

Lubuntu-Software-Center is getting better too.

Lots of improvement in no time. I'm glad to be part of such amazing team :D

bbmak
October 13th, 2011, 03:31 AM
This is me, I like to be in the safe side as always. I can imagine the load on the server on the first day, not to mention I have no idea what is the exact time. So, first thing I'll do on 14 will be downloading Lubuntu 11.10 via torrent :D

I am getting a copy whenever they release it.

amjjawad
October 13th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I am getting a copy whenever they release it.

Looks like I'll do the same because I can't wait :P

Please, make sure to use Torrent and keep Seeding :)

bbmak
October 13th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Looks like I'll do the same because I can't wait :P

Please, make sure to use Torrent and keep Seeding :)

Yup, can't wait. We are headed for kernel 3 right?

amjjawad
October 13th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Yup, can't wait. We are headed for kernel 3 right?

Yep :D