PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] After installing Ubuntu 11.04 need to reboot twice to boot in Windows 7

uelkfr
October 10th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I have installed Ubuntu 11.04 in separate partition. After that I used EasyBCD to restore windows loader MBR. Now all works fine except after working in Ubuntu, after rebooting to boot in Windows 7 first time it crashes with BSoD, but I can't see it because it is only appears for 0.0001 sec and goes reboot again and this second time it is loads ok. Maybe it is my laptop specific ASUS K50ID? Or maybe it is because I have enabled Hibernate in Windows 7 settings (actually I don't use it)?

Also in browsers on Ubuntu like Firefox and Rekonq I have an issue then clicking some submit/save buttons. They not always working, I think it is well known issue but I can't find information about it. Some of them not working completely, for example, Wordpress 3.2.1 Admin panel > Widgets editing.

tags: BSoD, blue screen of death, Windows 7, web-browser, JavaScript, AJAX

eznet
February 7th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Ran into the same thing with 11.04 - getting it with 11.10 now... Odd... Everything works fine - just first boot into Windows when coming from a running Linux instance requires 2 boots (1 crash and one successful)... It is irritating because it requires you to sit here for it - I have to make sure I make the Win7 choice from GRUB after the crash or I come back to a booted Ubuntu instance - which of course requires another 2 boots to get to Win... Also running a Asus - p5n-e sli... learn anything?