PDA

View Full Version : has anybosy tried this chrome extention

pr3zident
October 9th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Google's Chrome Remote Desktop extensions - suppose to be able to control another computer for your chrome browser I want to try it but it sounds alike weird have anybody tried this extention yet ?

mips
October 9th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Link?

vasa1
October 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp
and
http://www.pcworld.com/article/241555/google_releases_chrome_desktopsharing_feature.html

3Miro
October 9th, 2011, 07:26 PM
So the browser will come with a feature allowing for someone else to take over my machine. And this is by design????? I don't care how secure they claim it is, such feature should not exist in a browser!

Is this windows only? I can't imagine it being implemented in Linux.

If you want someone to help you with a problem, you can setup something simple with SSH. I am sure Windows also has something like SSH. The browser should keep out of my system files.

LowSky
October 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I rather use teamviewer

LinuxFan999
October 9th, 2011, 07:32 PM
So the browser will come with a feature allowing for someone else to take over my machine. And this is by design????? I don't care how secure they claim it is, such feature should not exist in a browser!

Is this windows only? I can't imagine it being implemented in Linux.

If you want someone to help you with a problem, you can setup something simple with SSH. I am sure Windows also has something like SSH. The browser should keep out of my system files.
According to the extension's description, it can connect to any computer that runs Google Chrome, including machines running Mac OS X or Linux.

3Miro
October 9th, 2011, 07:37 PM
According to the extension's description, it can connect to any computer that runs Google Chrome, including machines running Mac OS X or Linux.

I hope this horror is just a Halloween joke.

I hope this never becomes part of Chromium or I may have to switch browsers. The other day I was thinking about an idea to make browsers and chat programs run as separate users to limit their ability to damage files belonging to the user, but this is going in a complete pi, they want the browser to run as root.

pr3zident
October 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I rather use teamviewer

+1 I use teamviewer to I thought this extention sounded crazy lol