PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Adobe Flash 11

givrix
October 9th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I've been testing on maverick the adobe flash 11 betas and it has remained horrible even now it is classified stable. I'm using Nvidia proprietary drivers and firefox 7 and it simply crashes all the time when it doesn't corrupt totally the graphic driver.

Why is the version 11 already pushed as an update in this state of unstability !?? (flashplugin-installer updated by maverick-updates) whereas it is available separatly with the new adobe-plugin package.

I suggest anyone concerned by their browsers stability to block flashplugin-installer to version 10.3

lucipacurar
October 9th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Flash 11 final version works. But everything is in software mode. No hardware acceleration using nVidia proprietary drivers :(

Claus7
October 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Hello,

ubu 10.10
flash: 11.0.1.152 (beta), installed via Flash aid
firefox: 8 (beta)
card: ati 5670
drivers: proprietary amd's site (Catalyst 11.9)

Flash has never worked better before. Full screen <-> small screen without glitches or hanging or white screen. HD 1080p videos in small screen like a charm. In full screen -irrespective of definition- sometimes they might be slightly slow, but a tremendous improvement since last time.

Regards!

mikewhatever
October 9th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I've been testing on maverick the adobe flash 11 betas and it has remained horrible even now it is classified stable. I'm using Nvidia proprietary drivers and firefox 7 and it simply crashes all the time when it doesn't corrupt totally the graphic driver.

Why is the version 11 already pushed as an update in this state of unstability !?? (flashplugin-installer updated by maverick-updates) whereas it is available separatly with the new adobe-plugin package.

I think an Adobe Flash forum would be a better place for this.
http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer

vasa1
October 9th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I suggest anyone concerned by their browsers stability to block flashplugin-installer to version 10.3

Version 11 works for both Chrome 14 and Firefox 7 for me (11.04).

Frogs Hair
October 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Flash 11 is working fine with Opera and Firefox 10 a1 . I have a Nvidia card , drivers , and I installed via Flash Aid .