PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Oneiric will not automatically login into Gnome 3

jeeves
October 8th, 2011, 03:32 AM
I ran into this problem after installing today's daily build of Oneiric: When I was logging in, LightDM would allow me to select "Gnome" instead of "Ubuntu" as the desktop environment, however it would not remember this setting on the following boot and instead boot into the default Unity environment.

The solution was to edit two files:
in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf change the user-session=ubuntu to user-session=gnome

Also in /usr/share/xsessions/gnome.desktop change Exec=gnome-session --session=ubuntu to Exec=gnome-session --session=gnome

kruykaze
October 10th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I ran into this problem after installing today's daily build of Oneiric: When I was logging in, LightDM would allow me to select "Gnome" instead of "Ubuntu" as the desktop environment, however it would not remember this setting on the following boot and instead boot into the default Unity environment.

The solution was to edit two files:
in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf change the user-session=ubuntu to user-session=gnome

Also in /usr/share/xsessions/gnome.desktop change Exec=gnome-session --session=ubuntu to Exec=gnome-session --session=gnome

Thanks for the tip