PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problem after ubuntu 10.10 upgrade

bhaskar202
October 7th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I upgraded my ubuntu 10.10.... after completion of upgrade, i reboot my laptop. after reboot, it stuck with a problem. It showing a terminal in which Ubuntu asking for login then after login it shows me to upgrade to ubuntu natty. I dnt want to upgrade to natty. i m not able to skip tht terminal. What should i do.?

ajgreeny
October 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I can not see if you are logged in or not in your screenshot, but if you are, what happens if you use command
startx

It is possible that a new kernel was added in the updates and that is stopping the GUI appearing; maybe all you need is the graphic driver installed for the new kernel.

bhaskar202
October 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
i m getting some kind of message... :( I taken snapshot of the message... "Startx" couldnt solve the problem......

raja.genupula
October 8th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Hi
I hope this thing with your Display driver problems.may be you should update drivers.choose recovery from grub menu and try to boot with failsafex mode or low graphics mode and then try to update them.

mastablasta
October 8th, 2011, 03:58 PM
before the upgrade did you remove any additional graphics drivers? i think raja is onto something here.... try safe modeand reinstall graphics card drivers

bhaskar202
October 11th, 2011, 09:51 PM
ya first time when i installed ubuntu, i installed graphic drivers for my nvidia then i updated ubuntu... did that caused problem?
guys, i dnt have much knowledge of ubuntu.. how can i reinstall/update my graphic drivers?

Thanx a lot for helping me :)