PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] won't instal Ubuntu side, just crashes

tomwjrat
October 7th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Hello, I am running windows 7 64 bit on a i7 laptop.
I tried to install 11:04 32&64bit and also 10:04 bit via WUBI.
All of them crash immediately after the GUI switches of from the installation. The mouse and key board becomes unresponsive I even left it for over two hours and I still only had that purple scene with a unmovable mouse in the middle of the scene. I also get no error report.
I would really like to have Ubuntu on my laptop via wubi.
Id appreciate any help thanks

Rubi1200
October 7th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums :)

Please post the full specifications for the computer as well as a screenshot of the Windows Disk Management utility showing your drives and partitions.

Thanks.

tomwjrat
October 7th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Were do i find the full specifications? do you know any program that can put it all inone place?
thanks

tomwjrat
October 7th, 2011, 05:07 PM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/ioh.png/ here is the screen shot of the windows disk management too lhttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/ioh.png/

Rubi1200
October 8th, 2011, 09:13 AM
According to the screenshot you already have 4 primary partitions (the maximum allowed on most modern computers) which means that you would have to create space for installing Ubuntu.

If you let us know the make and model of the computer we can check the specifications (often found online at the manufacturer's website).

tomwjrat
October 8th, 2011, 01:02 PM
here are the specs, its a hp dv6 3180ea.
i dont know why i didnt think of searching the internet!
that 4th partition was made from a recent bios update, dont really know why it was made!

Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor Intel Core i7-720QM Processor 1.6 GHz, Level 3 cache 6 MB
Intel HM55 chipset
Memory 4 GB DDR3 (1 x 4096 MB) 2 user accessible memory slotsm, Supports up to 8 GB DDR3 memory
Storage 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm up to 12 GB partition for system recovery
SATA optical drive: LightScribe SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Create silkscreen-quality disc labels direct from your PC with LightScribe: Just burn, flip, burn
Mobile entertainment HP TrueVision Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone (VGA low-light)
Communication Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth wireless networking 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards
MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards
Ease of use Integrated finger print reader
Display 39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display, Display Resolution: 1366 x 768
Video ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics, up to 2714 MB total graphics memory with 1 GB DDR3 dedicated
Sound Altec Lansing speakers - Dolby Advanced Audio
Keyboard Full size island-style keyboard
HP Clickpad supporting Multi-Touch gestures with On/Off button
Ports 1 VGA port 1 HDMI port 1 stereo headphone-out 1 microphone-in 4 USB 2.0 ports (4th shared with eSATA port) 1 eSATA + USB port 1 RJ45 ethernet port

thanks for any help!