PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Just upgraded to Natty; can't switch to Classic Gnome

Nutria
October 6th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Hi,

GDM does not give me the option of switching to Ubuntu Classic and the Control Center Login Screen option does nothing when I click the Unlock button.

Any advice (except "use Unity" or "reinstall from scratch")?

Thanks

MAFoElffen
October 7th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Hi,

GDM does not give me the option of switching to Ubuntu Classic and the Control Center Login Screen option does nothing when I click the Unlock button.

Any advice (except "use Unity" or "reinstall from scratch")?

Thanks
Let's back up a little...

At the GDM screen, Press the mouse on a "user" > When the password dialog comes up, look down the screen to the bottom bar > On the bottom bar, about halfway across the bar should be a pulldown menu to select "Gnome Classic"... > Enter password and go on. It will remeber what you selected last as the default at next boot.

Are you saying thhat that "pulldown" menu missing for you?

Nutria
October 7th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Let's back up a little...

At the GDM screen, Press the mouse on a "user" > When the password dialog comes up, look down the screen to the bottom bar > On the bottom bar, about halfway across the bar should be a pulldown menu to select "Gnome Classic"... > Enter password and go on. It will remeber what you selected last as the default at next boot.

Are you saying thhat that "pulldown" menu missing for you?

Ah. Never occurred to me to click on the username before looking for that pulldown menu. (I always boot to the console, so didn't think of that.)

All seems well now.

Nutria
October 7th, 2011, 02:15 AM
All seems well now.

I had to add Gnome Panel to the session startup, but now all seems well.

MAFoElffen
October 7th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Ah. Never occurred to me to click on the username before looking for that pulldown menu. (I always boot to the console, so didn't think of that.)

All seems well now.
Good. As the OP. please go to the thread tool and mark this thread as solved.