PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WUBI install error

Daemach
October 6th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I was REALLY hoping wubi was going to work. I've wanted to run Windows 7 and Ubuntu side by side for some time now.

Unfortunately, WUBI downloaded an amd-64 iso for the install. I'm on an intel x64 machine. That may have been ok but the install failed inside saying that it couldn't find a root filesystem. I'm using fakeraid - maybe that's why. In any case the install is now borked and it makes Ubuntu look ugly.

I would prefer to fix it if we can. If not, how do I get back to booting straight into Windows?

Frogs Hair
October 6th, 2011, 09:35 PM
See this thread , the problem has come up before . http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198 (WubiMega)

Daemach
October 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
See this thread , the problem has come up before . http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198 (WubiMega)

These instructions are for 10.x I think WUBI installed 11.04. I don't know enough about ubuntu to make changes like this without knowing if the version difference is going to cause problems.

Rubi1200
October 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums Daemach :)

The problem may well be because of the fakeraid. Officially, Wubi installs to RAID are not supported although we have seen some cases where it was possible.

I suggest you post the results of the boot info script so we can get a better idea of what is where on your system.

There is a link at the bottom of my post with instructions.

missmoondog
October 7th, 2011, 06:07 PM
boot into Windows and go to control panel under programs, click uninstall programs. remove ubuntu and start over, is what i'd do.

this WILL NOT mess up your windows install.

bcbc
October 7th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Raid 0 and 1+0 don't seem to work without some hacking. Easier to use a virtual machine.

To uninstall Wubi, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs, look for and double click on "Ubuntu".

Edit: yeah what missmoondog said. (I gotta use the preview button more).