PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] but NOT from iso but, from cdrom (live) itself

lse123
October 6th, 2011, 07:58 PM
10.04 LTS can install after boot ubuntu live cdrom, on a usb stick ubuntu, but NOT from iso but, from cdrom (live) itself?

Hakunka-Matata
October 6th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Hi, ask that question another way, I don't get it.

viperdvman
October 6th, 2011, 08:50 PM
If you're using Unetbootin to set up your LiveUSB, it shouldn't have any problems booting from a LiveUSB. If you use a probram to burn an ISO image onto a CD (Nero and PowerISO can do this for you), then it should have no problems booting from CD.

However, just copying the ISO image onto a USB, or just burning the ISO file onto a CD won't work.

lse123
October 6th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Can using live cd ubuntu 9.04 or 10.04 create by: first insert cd live on laptop > then restart > boot ubuntu> choose "live usb stick create" > no use iso but ubuntu itself use its files to create the usb stick(live), in place of the iso file [get me? no use iso at all...]?

haqking
October 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Can using live cd ubuntu 9.04 or 10.04 create by: first insert cd live on laptop > then restart > boot ubuntu> choose "live usb stick create" > no use iso but ubuntu itself use its files to create the usb stick(live), in place of the iso file [get me? no use iso at all...]?

unetbootin requires a .iso

stick the .iso on a external HDD or something to make your life easy, boot the to Live CD then create the USB from the .iso file on the external HDD if you are having issues

Hakunka-Matata
October 6th, 2011, 10:44 PM

My best guess: You want to install Ubuntu to a usb stick.
You do not want to make a liveCD/USB.
Is this correct?

-kg-
October 7th, 2011, 05:31 AM

Actually, what I think he's asking is if he can boot to a Live CD, then create a LiveUSB using "Create Live USB" from the Live CD menu, using the files from the Live CD, with no .iso available.

lse123
October 7th, 2011, 06:31 AM
yes, that referred from user:"-kg-", I want exactly...