PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] unable to boot into live usb

hkyork2064
October 5th, 2011, 02:07 PM
So....this is very wired, i selected to boot into my ubuntu 10.04lts live usb, which is made according to the instructions from the ubuntu website. But it stuck on the purple ubuntu screen.
and i plug in another live usb which is loaded with linux mint, and i boot into it, and the same ubuntu purple screen again LoL.
so i can't install anything.
i had a ubuntu on my hard drive but i think it is broken so i decided to reinstall it.
the reason i want to install it is that when i was installing playonlinux with ubuntu software centre, and it stucking at applying change so i reboot my system.i got a dpkg was interrupted error and i have no way to resolve it.
any idea?

kurt18947
October 5th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Something simple to try if you haven't. Open Synaptic and see if it detects the broken packages. If broken packages are detected, it should offer to fix them. I've not had a live USB do what yours is doing so I can't help there. I would probably recreate the live USB. I've had pretty good luck with Unetbootin but the version I have doesn't offer to create a persistent drive.