PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.04 hangs at install?

thaichicken
October 3rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Hi there!

Well, yesterday, Windows 7 completely conked out for me, and totally refuses to boot up, and safe mode, startup repair, and the recovery disc refuse to load at all.

Basically, I'm completely new to ubuntu, and I'm trying to install it so I have something to work with in the meantime. If I select the option to try it after I boot it, everything works perfectly.

Installing, however, doesn't seem to work. It gets stuck at "preparing to install", on the dialogue box where it tells you about the disk space you need and the internet connection and check boxes for third party software. It hangs after I click forward there, however I can still choose to quit, which will stop it and just go to the trial mode, no problem.

I waited for about 30 min, but nothing seems to be happening... Anyone know how to fix this?

MG&TL
October 3rd, 2011, 06:40 PM
First option (the easy one): You have a corrupted .iso or cd/USB burn. Get another iso/cd, checksum it or whatever (if you wish)

Second option: you have some unusual hardware that is mucking something up. If the easy option doesn't work, post your hardware and system information.