PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] newbie needs help...

philliphalljr1
October 3rd, 2011, 02:16 AM
hello, i am new to ubuntu but excited to start using it...i am trying to install it on my inlaws hp desktop that will no longer boot up...my mother in law did something...who knows what...and now it is missing something in the windows boot file...I have tried to install ubuntu and just do away with the windows, but nothing is working...i am not near it now at this time, was wondering if anyone had any input or ideas for me to try to get it to load...or any questions that you may have that i could answer to get this thing going...thanks in advance...

dave01945
October 3rd, 2011, 02:22 AM
can you explain abit better "nothing is working" doesn't really help are you installing from cd or usb does it even boot the cd or usb do you get any messages

philliphalljr1
October 7th, 2011, 11:35 PM
sorry for the delay...their pc is getting the dreaded windows\system32\l_intl.nls corrupt file message...I have tried to boot to the iso file cd and the pc is not even trying to load from the disk...it just goes back to the corrupt file message...

LinuxFan999
October 7th, 2011, 11:40 PM
You will need to check the boot order in the BIOS and see if it is set to boot from the CD first.