PDA

View Full Version : Gimp challenge: remove logo without ruining picture

josephellengar
October 2nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
Hi! I'm really bad at GIMP, so I thought that I'd ask the community for their help. In the included picture that I'd like to use for my desktop wallpaper, there is a "deskmod" logo in the upper left corner. I'd like to remove this logo without ruining the picture, so that there is a clean seam, similar to how it looks across the rest of the picture. How would I do this?

Thank you!

Note: I do not plan to redistribute this picture, so I won't be taking credit for the work of the person who made this originally and put the logo on it.

MG&TL
October 2nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Cut out the top right part, copy it, and paste it over the logo.

josephellengar
October 2nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Cut out the top right part, copy it, and paste it over the logo.

Thanks. I feel dumb :)

MG&TL
October 2nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
No problem, I discovered the hard way after I spent hours airbrushing a situation similiar to yours.

donkyhotay
October 2nd, 2011, 11:27 PM
Heh, I looked at it and was thinking how nasty that would be to airbrush out. Should have thought of the copy/paste as well. It's amazing how the simple solution can be so easily overlooked. ](*,)

forrestcupp
October 3rd, 2011, 02:17 AM
You just got lucky that the gradient is a top down linear gradient. That makes it pretty easy. If it were something more complex, like a radial gradient, it would be a little more complicated, but still doable.

ninjaaron
October 3rd, 2011, 02:52 AM
Thanks. I feel dumb :)

I lol'ed when I saw the picture. Photo manipulation doesn't get much simpler.