PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to change gnome button height

emab
October 1st, 2011, 03:35 AM
I'm using ubuntu 10.04, and I have installed a new theme. But in this theme, the height of the buttons should be a bit smaller.

How can I change the height of the buttons of ubuntu softwares?

I think there must be a default button size for every operating system, I want to change this default height.

Thanks if everyone helps me.

http://imgup.com/image-6CD5_4E867C48.jpg

Krytarik
October 1st, 2011, 04:02 AM
Usually, I only change the settings of the themes individually, but, for ease of application and your intended universality, this should work, too:

1. Create a file called ".gtkrc-2.0" at the top-level of your home directory with this content:

style "button" = "default"
{
xthickness = 6
ythickness = 4

class "GtkButton" style "button"
2. Change the values to your liking.

Greetings.

emab
October 1st, 2011, 02:57 PM
Usually, I only change the settings of the themes individually, but, for ease of application and your intended universality, this should work, too:

1. Create a file called ".gtkrc-2.0" at the top-level of your home directory with this content:

style "button" = "default"
{
xthickness = 6
ythickness = 4

class "GtkButton" style "button"2. Change the values to your liking.

Greetings.

I did it, but it doesn't work!

mcduck
October 1st, 2011, 04:17 PM
I did it, but it doesn't work!

Did you log out and back again afterwards? Changes in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 only take effect at the time when you log in.

Anyway, if it still doesn't work your only option is to do exactly the same change, but directly in the gtkrc file of the theme you are using.

emab
October 1st, 2011, 08:28 PM
Did you log out and back again afterwards? Changes in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 only take effect at the time when you log in.

Anyway, if it still doesn't work your only option is to do exactly the same change, but directly in the gtkrc file of the theme you are using.

Thank you, the secound solution worked!;)